1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas on how to dress up my 15 month old as god Krishna

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by priyaluvsbaby, Aug 5, 2010.

1. priyaluvsbaby

priyaluvsbaby New IL'ite

Hello ILs...

I had been thinking of dressing up my son as krishna and get a prof pic taken ..But I am so much in to my BYZZZZY life that I totally dint give it a thought..Today I was listening to krishna songs and yeah..got reminded..
    So i thought before I forget I would ask you all for ideas on how to dress him up...I have a pattu doti for him..Wat else..Please help me ladies..:drowning

PS: I live in US.So,anything that might be available here would be great.Thanks

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010

2. hema76

hema76 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I dressed my child as krishna so with that experience i will give u some tips.put a side kondai and decorate it with a peacock feather then keep white and red dots alternatively on both the eyebrows. put poonal like thread and put one angavastram rounding his neck and insert the two corners in front under his panchagajam,

i think this may help u.

1 person likes this.
  3. priyaluvsbaby

priyaluvsbaby New IL'ite

Thanks Hema.I dont have peacock feather :(
    I will try your other ideas....cant wait:cheers

4. geethaelite08

geethaelite08 New IL'ite

Thanks Hema,

I was also intrested to dress up my son like krishna,your post really gave a clear picture to us.I will surely try it.:thumbsup

Happy Janmashtami:)

5. prss

prss Gold IL'ite

I dressed up my DS as Krishna for his first 'Janmashtami' last year (he was 10 months old then)!
    I wrapped him in a veshti (Dhothi), put a small kondai at the center of his head and put a peacock feather in it, used my red and white santhu pottu to make a good naamam on his forehead.
    Since I didnot have a flute, I made him hold a brown coloured long
    hair comb:idea, which looked like a flute from a distance and took photos :)

The most difficult part is to manage DS and to stop him from erasing off the naamam or taking off the kondai and feather:bowdown..... it was a tough task:spin, but I enjoyed it thoroughly :thumbsup