1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Viral Rash

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sumanr, Aug 7, 2010.

1. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Ramya, does she have mouth sores by any chance? Poor baby.

2. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Thanks Priya. She is better now. The rashes have gone .....

Tikka/Priya - Yes, looks like she has mouth-sores ...not sure what to give her. She has lost lot of weight though :drowning

3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

awwwwwwww poor baby..... ramya keep giving her smoothies and curd......:(......

4. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

ramya, hugs to aditi. she will soon get better, dont worry.

5. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

When Kiran was a little older, he started chewing on a plastic hanger and that got caught in his soft tissues in his mouth. he would not eat for a long while and would only have cold things, his mouth and throat were very red. Our paed prescribed something to desensitise that, an analgesic gel that numbs pain. It had to be applied 15 to 30 min before meals. If her eating is still poor, ask your paed for something to help with the sores. Poor A, hoping she feels better soon.

6. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

She is better now. But she is able to eat only of I mix idly/pongal with curd. I so want to give her cold milk, but MIL just refuses saying her fever will relapse.

7. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Ramya, my DD, till date, loves idli/pongal with curd :) TC. COld milk will not cause fever, only if the child is prone to frequent cold,throat infection, then avoiding cold things is good. OTherwise NP.

8. chilakamma

chilakamma New IL'ite

hi my baby is 8 month old he is had some kind of rashes on his shoulder,back side of hands,back of the body and thighes.....ofcoure over all body has these kind of rashes...those are on and off....past 10 days onward this is happenning...today we went to dr. he said this is"Hives"...it wil gone 2 to 3 weeks time....can any one suggest what can i do for thes devil rahes....

Thank you...Chaitanya.

9. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Ramya,

H has got very bad rashes now...Pedi said it is an allergy because of the Mosquito bite....but rashes are really very bad and got small wound like thing all over his body...especially his bum area...I am currently using the lotions that Pedi prescribed...it is all dry now...but i am more worried abt the marks...