1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fault finders!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Suzanne
    A hearty welcome to my Senile Ramblings! I am happy that you liked my 'Fault Finders' The way in which you have described your grandma's sister makes sound like the female version of Nachu. You must give him credit for being so innovative in fault finding. We may think for three days of the good things to tell him but he'll take only two seconds to find fault with them!

I fully agree with your take that ' But when v appreciate even small things in life... Life would be so beautiful'.
    Sri

2. Cheeniya

My dear Viji
    That was a lovely greeting from you on the Raksha Bandhan day which I'll cherish. About my long interval in posting a new thread, I really do not know what is holding me! It is very unlike me. I know I should shake off this laziness and get back to my active days. My laziness is not physical but mental! I keep reading all the stuff our members write and some of them are really great stuff. I write FBs as and when I feel inspired. I am so happy that OJ has resumed his writing in IL. I hope I'll follow him soon.
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

My dear OJ

Your visit to my threads is always like a shot in the arm for me. Every time you spend a few minutes with me, I learn something new. When I wrote about that school girl’s problem with her maths teacher, little did I know that there would be a new twist to it called Reflexivity. I must give it to the number guys a big credit for their ability for parallel thinking and to coin up fancy names for their new theories. I am thoroughly impressed with Reflexivity. And it makes a lot of sense too. OJ and JO can never be equals. When we talk of OJ, it is with such awe and reverence but JO can be anyone that wanders aimlessly in the crowded streets of the metropolis.

That friend of yours who turned a palmist was an interesting guy indeed. It is a scientific breakthrough to premise that impotency has nothing to do with producing children. Possibly guys like him led the medical world to pursue research on the subject of enabling impotent men become proud fathers who could put people like Kuchela to shame.

And now, why have I stopped writing? Wish I had an answer for this question! I am honestly as intrigued by this phenomenon as some of my regular readers are. I assure you that it is not to create a demand for my stuff, a strategy that our traders follow to give a boost to their sagging income. I just cannot accept that what is happening to me is similar to what was happening to you. In my case, it is nothing but callous laziness and indifference but you were on a highly creative mission that gave you no choice but to stay away from small luxuries like IL. These two can never be equated but now that you are back here, I hope to feel creative again.

Sri

4. umasaras

umasaras Senior IL'ite

Dear sri,
    just as you had mentioned there are several nacchus and even more milder forms of Nachus, who though don't intend malice are hurting all the same. I am sure we come across these kind on day to day basis.

uma

5. Cheeniya

Dear Uma
    You are right. We do come across Nachus on a day to day basis and they really help us to mature into better persons just as fire improves the quality of gold. When we look at Nachus and see how they ridicule themselves, we resolve ourselves not to be one like them, don't we?
    Sri

6. umasaras

umasaras Senior IL'ite

Dear sri,
    you are right we do try and resolve not to be like them but unfortunately
    it becomes as yet another new year resolution , but this is taken through out the year, and gets broken and words just spill out, appuram nakka kadichi, we try to bring a semblance of apology, yet the damge is done.
    uma

7. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

<o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Hello Cheeniya Sir,

Your threads always bring a smile & this one is no exception.
    “nachus” are scattered all over but immediate image that comes to mind is always elderly people, a taunting MIL and aunts & of course the ever complaining elderly men. (there are exceptions, though).
    But the latest trends of nachus are NRIs who find fault in everything that’s Indian.
    My experience is of this man who recently retired and is from <st1:place>Europe</st1:place> – he volunteered his retirement cause a junior was promoted instead of him and his ego didn’t permit him to continue work. But, whenever he visits us, he puts up a picture perfect image of his life abroad and complains everything from roads to food to dress to Indian companies & way they work, etc etc etc Every time we have a get together, I always notice people just waiting to get out of his clutches, exchanging meaningful glances with other fellows.

This nachu owns a Jaguar car & the car figures in most of his conversations. In 2008, Tata Motors (Indian company) purchased Jaguar & Land Rovers so officially our nachu now owns a Tata Motors car. while our man was braggin as usual, one question from my hubby embarassed him and for once nachu was so embarrassed he quit the conversation and disappeared as fast as possible citing some petty excuse. The question was, (yes you guessed it right) about the Jaguar Tata motors car.

But the best part was to watch everyone re-enact ‘nachu’ & there was a roar of laughter. I perfectly agree with you that these people are real fun to hang out with. You just feed the fire and sit back and enjoy. It’s non-stop entertainment -only caution, have a broad mindset & go with the flow. In fact, sometime I do feel sad for them.

PS : In my earlier reply, I made a typo error. Your writing reflects your personality and I’m sure every ILite, especially females are smitten by you. You are an evergreen celebrity here and your threads are evergreen JUST LIKE YOU (don’t think I need to stress that point) , if only IL conducts a poll you’ll know what I mean.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  8. Cheeniya

Dear Meena
    Sanskrit was my second language in my graduation. We had Dasakumaracharithra written by Dandi for the second paper. This is best known for its alliteration in the narration of the story. You may have heard of the Tamil film director T.Rajender who is well known for this technique. In Tamil it is called ‘Adukku mozhi’. Now I see you are also an expert in this. ‘Ever complaining elderly men’ can be cited as a classic example of alliteration.

Your foreign returned ‘Nachu’ is a welcome new variation of the desi variety. But I see that it requires a Jaguar to put them in their place and not everyone can be a automotive buff to be able to do that! But nachus are more to be pitied than censured for they know not what they are doing.

I am beholden to you for your postscript. Even if 10% of what you say is true, I’ll grow wings by the morn to soar high into the sky!
    Sri

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi Meena,
    Note, not Dear Meena!!
    I wonder who is smitten by whom???:idea
    All the way came & found time to reply a Hyder Kalathu Post of the Oldest Man in IL, but forgot to even visit my forum!:rant
    I vow not to take you round the city, next time, you visit Chennai - I have discovered such lovely shops. I have bought a new bread machine - will not disclose details.:crazy
    Well, conduct a poll for the most popular ILite - you will be shocked!:hide:
    Less love,
    ofcourse,
    C (your friend of once upon a time).:-(

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  10. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dearest Chitra,

Is it really you OR has someone hacked into your account???
    whatever, I'm soooo thrilled to see you back. :thumbsup:thumbsup
    It's such a nice feeling to see you back in your naughty mood.
    If you are in this mood, then I'm packing and coming to Chennai ASAP.
    Let's do the rounds again. How about next month???

It's time we had that long chat...I'm calling U right away

Sorry Cheeniya sir, I had to reply Chitra here.

Sir, before I forget, whatever you say, according to my poll, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!