Wake up Bengalees !

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by lollipop, Aug 11, 2010.

1. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

" What Bengal thinks today, India thinks tomorrow" , not appreciating this quote at all . It is quiet demeaning to rest of all.It is also very presumptuous and audacious with lots of hints of arrogance.
    I have seen many of Bengalee's talk like this , Let me tell you this sends the most horrible signal around , especially if you out of your regional state of W.Bengal with this mindset.

Rest discussions and everything is fine.It is appreciated but not by means of demeaning others.

I have been around the whole India , I have seen that each state culture religion cast creed color etc etc has its pros and cons..They are very high thinkers in lowest of strata to highest. We have to have a normal down to earth mindset and behave and treat every one equal and with respect without presuming things about other or self .. neither can we generalise anybody/any culture/anything.. Lets not be part of spreading more regionalism in India.

Let me also write this here " What Bengal thinks today, India thinks tomorrow" - it can be just proven wrong easily by many .

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  2. lollipop

lollipop Bronze IL'ite

First and foremost I want to make it very clear that with no intensions of animosity or acrimony towards any of the other regions of India was this thread started or the threads which pursued thereafter. As there were very few posts in the 'West Bengal' sub-forum and in order to inspire and encourage other posters who are Bengalees or interested to discuss Bengal was this thread posted. I had quoted Vivekananda-" Arise , Awake and Stop Not Till the Goal is reached " and side by side the wellknown quotation of the renowned freedom fighter Gopal Krishna Gokhale " What Bengal Thinks Today , India Thinks Tomorrow ".A search on the internet or going through some history books will easily remind this famous quote of one of Gokhale.He was very impressed by the bengal freedom fighters and their thoughts. If many Bengalees often quote Gopal Krishna Gokhale I find no fault in it if ofcourse it is done to indicate the present status of left-ruled West Bengal or to undermine any other region of India.As it may be evident in my post that I requested all other posters to write about Bengal in English and not stick to vernacular so that other ILites can also read the posts and comment on it as it has been done in the post prior to my latest reply and thanks for someone other than Bengalee to read with interest about Bengal and comment on the post. I hope many other ILites will agree with me without any prejudice as such that there was no intention of spreading regionalism in any of the posts. I don't think not much pains need to be taken to prove the erstwhile quotation of Gokhale wrong in the present situation rather it was quoted to inspire the Bengalees to not live in the twilight of past glory but to wake up once again as in the times of Our Indian Independence and do something worthwhile.Hope I have been clear enough in my statements in this post and no ambiguity as such is still there which needs further clarifications.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  3. PUJAS

PUJAS New IL'ite

Dear Mou

hi

Iam from Kolkata

do you know anything about "tatta sajja".. if yes please share with us.. I want to learn this art.

thanks and regards
    puja

thanks an

4. jhimli

jhimli Bronze IL'ite

Hi mau r lolli
    sorry anek din pod reply dicchi....belated subho sadinata dibosh to both of u....tomader lekha pode khub bhalo laglo...hey it 's nice to hear about durga pujo...the pandals....and the shopping....
    I am so happy ..amar hubby project ta complete hoye esche.....so we r returning to india.....and that to before durga puja....amar husband salt lake sector 5 e kaj kore...

wow lolli..ur a teacher.....great dear.....amio o ekta higher secondary schoole teacheri kortam...i worked there for 4 years.....biyer age theke podatam...tarpor biyer por durgapur theke roj daily passengeri kortam....the whole week my husband and my self use to stay at 2 different places..we used to meet at the week ends.....the day i heard that he is coming here to chicago...i could not resist my self.....i decided to quite my job.....still today i miss my school,the classes,the students,my colleagues...everything......lolli tumi salt lake kothai thako??????????may be ami kayek mash pod kolkata sift korbo...it hard now to stay without my hubby.......
    you know here we don't get proper food...no fresh vege....everything is frozen.....fish...ha....salmon cat fish chara to paojai na.....but still onno saher theke amader mach ante hoi...it to far away from wher we stay...it is a bangladesi store...we bring fish from there...to be very honest...ektu ko taste nei macher...amar hubby bole jabe sadhinata hoyeche,,sedin mach gulo frozen hoyeche...he always jokes in this manner....khao dao khubi..prob...
    but in kolkata e=we get the fresh fish.....mainly chooto macch.....we don't get proper seddho chaler rice...we have to take basmati chal....so payesh ah (one of my favourite food.)khayo hoy na.....actually amader veggi ta khubi kom khao hoy.....really dear in every way i miss kolkata....the peoples of my country....ekhane loke khub self centered koth besi bole na...sabai kemon nijer nijer moton.....
    let me share one of my experience......
    ami ekdin amader ekhane mall e bazaar korte geche.....tin rasugulla dekhe to amar chokh duto rasugula hoye gelo...i could not control my self...hubby ke bolate kine dilo...besh moja kore anonde barite firlam......fire the first thing i did was rosagulla tin ta katlam...to my utter surprise i found small rasugulla inside...with very little sugar syrup....mukhe to gopat kore ekta dilam.....diye dekhi.....ami nearly 10 min dhore ota chibiye jacchi....kono taste ti nei.....purota chibre hoye geche.....tarpor din abar dudh jal diye khir kore sei putki rasogolla gulo dubiye khelam...tar por theke r rosoggola dekhlei palai.....

ta tomader pujor bajar complete hoye gelo......
    in chicago....i have heard chooto pujo hoy tao anek ta dure....but there is a great get to gether......jano mojar jinis amara christmas er samay bujhtei pari ni ekhane cristmas hoyeche...everything was so cool and calm....er cheyeboron kolkata te cristmas khub dhum dham hoy lighting hoy.....

tomra ki kore enjoy korbe pujo......amar to pachking cholche.....khub anondo hocche....bari firchi...after a long time i will meet my near and dear ones.......
    tomader kotha janio......
    i will surely keep in touch......

5. mau24

mau24 Senior IL'ite

Hi Pujas

No dear i dont know this art but as i like 2 do handicrafts i can manage 2 do some decoration

6. jhimli

jhimli Bronze IL'ite

Hi puja....
    wow your too from kolkata great.....sorry i don't know about tatta sajja....what is this can you explain me dear friend......??????????????

7. mau24

mau24 Senior IL'ite

Hi Jhimli
    Khub bhalo khabar tumi pujor ageye kolkata phircho.......pujota enjoy koro.......amra to adudhabi teye pujo katabo....ekhane bengalee association er pujo hoye.........take care

8. jhimli

jhimli Bronze IL'ite

hi...thank mau..
    belated subho sadhinata dibosh......we miss everything in bengal...hey that great to hear from you...really pujor bazar it is amazing.....the real excitement...in shopping...ami ekbochor achi...ami pujor age bari firchi,tai khub anonde achi....ekhane kichu kori ni....age ekta wb govt affiliated high schoole 4 years kaj korechi....i havd to quite my job to be with my hubby...ami durgapure thaki....i will surely post as i get time.......thanxs a lot for you friend request...i have added you...take care...bye...

9. jhimli

jhimli Bronze IL'ite

tai..that's great...okhankar pujo kemon katlo janabe.....

10. jhimli

jhimli Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends
    we r not here to hurt any body...we are all indian,we all love our motherland.....may be we r bengalees but above all we r indian...we just share our feelings,and emotion what we miss when we r in the distant land.....that's all.....please....don't take this thread in any other way......we respect our country.....and all our country men....
    thanks....
    god bless you