1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A funny incident with inlaws

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by monlisa, Apr 29, 2008.

1. monlisa

monlisa Senior IL'ite

why i am putting this simple incident here because u want to know weather i am thinking in the right way or not..now here there are so may ils who will advise me and suggest me to go in right path......here i am learning how to lead my life in the right way......and i am making my life happy...doing right things at right time...

2. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear Monlisa,

Pls dont worry so much abt ur posts here.IL is a vast stream of friends who r there for us.I write everything i feel here only coz i feel here nobody will judge me.
    Pls feel free and vent out here,we r there ur friends.
    Ya, i can understand when a person who has been ill treating u and wishing ill for u from the moment he/she has seen u starts behaving in a different manner our natural instinct makes us to become wary of them,thats not at all wrong.
    Cheer up girl..:kiss

suji

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Capricorn,
    We have the nature of forgive... forget etc etc... but if they keep doing things like back bitting, acting etc always ... then do we have to forget... forgive everyday...
    Anyways, it is best to understand their nature and just ignore it.
    Never take their actions seriously.

Regards.

4. puni88

Hi Malar,
    Nobody wants to be insulted or ill-treated in this world.
    Many DILs has serious issues/problems, So they are seeking advice here.
    You think, physically abusing is not a big thing in the world???
    I agree, there is always good and bad things in everybody, it boils down when all the bad things comes to you from a person.
    I guess, if all DILs are overacting, then many would have broken up from the family.

Regards.

5. puni88

Hi Monlisa,
    I agree with Suji, please don't take it heart. Cheer up now.

Regards.

6. monlisa

monlisa Senior IL'ite

@ suji

thanks for understanding me dear....

@Puni

thank you so much for your support

7. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

two days back..my FIL called my husband and started pouring this tremendous love on me...he started telling my husband that I look like a heroine(sneha) ..and he was watching TV in the morning and sneha was in some filmi function and he remembered me all the time while he was watching and he started staying how much they love me..and they said that they always think abt me and abt me......wow he started to implement all his tactics already...

wow my FIL & ur FIL share a gr8 chemistry then.My FIL also talks abt me like this only...
    And my husband is a PUPPET to his DAD.

8. roxy

roxy New IL'ite

Dear Monalisa,
    before breaking my marriage my wouldbe IL's were just like yours, they would treat me very good infront ofmy fiance but the behaviour in his absence was always different, recently we were tryng to reconcile with his family and i was talking to my SIL and she told him that i was not talking properly etc.. but you know what i did; i recorded the conversation and sent it to him, after listining to the recording he realised that she was rude.

Even in the past they used to be very sweet to me infront of him and my fiance would tell me that i am very lucky so i recorded conversations in his absence. i would say everybody should use this tool get a pencil recorder and use it to ur advantage.

9. Maggie2009

Maggie2009 Gold IL'ite

Dear ML,
    I understand what it is when you know it in your heart that people are fake all the time and you need to smile sweetly and go with it..

A couple of days ago, when we had guests staying over, my normally hyperabusive MIL suddenly started praising my dosas to the guests saying that no restaurant makes them better than I do and that i should have been a model for my height and looks, etc...I did a double take after double take in the kitchen after hearing all this...it did not even touch me a bit as I have been reduced to tears for the same dosas almost everyday and have been called "lean" and ugly for the same looks i possess...and now that the guests are gone,things are back to how bad they were...
    I felt like tearing my hair out:rantbut content myself with laughing at her antics as i love my hair too much...happens

10. sushmamohapatra

sushmamohapatra Senior IL'ite

While I read your post... I remembered my experiences too. :idea

Firstly, my MIL never allowed me to cook meals.. she used to finish cooking veggies well before I returned from work & used to ask me to mak chapatis only! Second, when I used to prepare my lunch in the mornings, she used to tell me not to cook for them and that my FIL is out on a tour so he wont eat. And She will eat something which was left over yesterday or day before. But she used to cook fresh food & FIL definitely used to be there for lunch on those days! She simply proved that I cook ONLY for myself and dont cook for them at all. Third, if I cooked something of my style (am a punju and they are of diff caste), she never gave those dishes to FIL, she either put them in the fridge, or in th dustbin so that I feel they ate it or she gave it to the maid, saying she ate them as breakfast! :bonk Initially I didnot ask my FIL, whether he liked my dishes. But when I realised What my MIL is doing, I started asking him. He was blank at times... "I dont know what you cooked? Your mom never gave me".. trust me he liked those 1-2 dishes that I made..but later he too turned like MIL.. started telling lie that he liked those dishes and all (he was warned / taught / spoon-feeded by MIL abt my -ves). And MIL is MIL, she didnot want anymore dishes of mine to be tasted by FIL. So, she strictly told me not to cook for them. So I followed her instructions and updated my DH (he used to live in other city then). I used to tell him, that I cooked this xyz but mom kept it in the fridge, then I gave it to papa at dinner time & he liked it (even if i didnot serve those dishes at dinner time I told DH tht I did). There were times when I innocently told DH, I made this for them, something new and different for them to taste (adding that.. I know they dont like change of taste), but mom just threw it / didnot even look at it & gave it to the maid. This used to give DH some background about the things happening here.

Finally when things went wrong betwn me and my inlaws... I stopped talking to them, shifted with my DH and kept my communication minimal. And now, in such a situation, where I was not at all talking to them, my FIL started praising my cooking skills infront of DH to show that they miss me!! :drowning:spin. (what d hell!!)..DH came to me with high collar saying that papa was missing your xyz dish... and I cooly told him .. he never remembered to eat in those days when I used to cook or even praise me infront of mom.. howcum he is remembering me NOW??!!! You be happy with his words ... I know what they are and how they can play games to emotional blackmail you...so YOU enjoy fake praises!

Trust me, DH told the same things to them next time they praised me :hide:. He told bluntly to them, that they pretend infront of him to prove their sweet image and make a fool of him and there they had a big big fight. :rotfl(and I was blamed for all this .. where DH was still on my side ..he didnot understand though .. but he was...)

Sushma