Will Commonwealth Games be a success?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by meghasharma84, Jul 26, 2010.

Do you think the Commonwealth games can be successful?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. May Be

26 vote(s)
    29.9%
  1. meghasharma84

meghasharma84 Senior IL'ite

Poll for the week - 26th July 2010 to 1st August 2010

With just about 50 days in hand, do you think the Common Wealth Games can be successful?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010

2. nasrinb

nasrinb New IL'ite

Maybe it can be a success...cos we Indians are unpredictables and lets hope for the best

3. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

:bonk It is highlyy tedious to conduct the games due to the heavy rainfall which has caused heavy damage to the walls & floors of the stadium where many outsiders come & go.Its an utter waste of money & time, now again they have to do somthing to cover all the dilapidated parts of the building:bowdown

4. kallug

kallug New IL'ite

I think yes.. always hope for the best..

5. svb

svb New IL'ite

These games are of so low importance that no cares that if it is a success or not , but for sure it is a success to the corrupt...

6. shrowy

shrowy New IL'ite

Hi folks,

I am a born and bred Delhite and saw the changes which came to the city when the Asian Games took place in 1982. We got 2 huge staduims, lots of flyovers ,etc.I was a college student then and the exposure to the various events educated us, opened our horizons,etc.

It was with the same hope that the city will get a makeover that it richly deserves that I waited for the Commonwealth Games to be hosted here. I have seen a lot of capital cities in the world and in terms of space, beauty and architechture, none can match up to Delhi sp the Lutyen's Delhi. Delhi has the potential of being the world's best if only it became cleaner and more organised.

So, ignoring the shrill media campaign, in the true tradition of an optimistic Delhite, I hope and pray that all construction work is completed in time for our city to showcase an event which will make the country proud of itself.

7. jugnujaswal

jugnujaswal New IL'ite

how long is the make up going to last?it coul not evevn survive this years showers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and at what cost???????????

8. Papai10

Papai10 New IL'ite

Scams....Infrastructural Bottlenecks....Political slashing......
    This is what the games have been associated with as of now....If the flaws are to be counted the list would be a long and painful one...

Attention needs to be drawn to the Sportspeople..the Main event ,the thousands who have working hard day and night to prepare for the gala....no doubt there has been many undoings and wrongdoing ,thanks to a couple of biggies...but there has also been a lot of toil and planning behind what has been done till now atleast.....

At this juncture when little time remains,all concerted efforts should be made to wrap up all decently and move the attention from all the wrong to the games itself....Innumerable sportspeople are planning long for all this event.
    Jai Hind :thumbsup

9. nmtkar123

nmtkar123 Senior IL'ite

i am only an optimist after seeing the facts and what i am seeing and hearing, hoping they dont make it an embarrasing event. huh, why arent we organized???? always wonder that!:bonk

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

no. a total lack of ethics, corruption and selfish politicians will make sure they don't. how embarassing for india!