Education in UAE

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by balamotwani, Sep 9, 2007.

1. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

schools in Dubai

My daughter is 3yrs old. She is not eligible for Indian schools as she is 3 yrs after april according to Ministry of education rules.

Can someone in Dubai suggest
    1) International school with British curicullum
    2) International school with CBSE curicullum

If possible try to give with website address.

If she joins next year April in Indian school, is he not going to waste a year? Please suggest me what i should do.

2. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

Re: schools in Dubai

Hi Bala,
    Which is her birth month? Has she turned 3 in April? The Indian high school has one of the best education systems. You have to be careful becaue not all schools are good.
    My daughter went to a British curriculum school for a couple of years and we were not too happy with the education, we transferred her to the Indian high school.
    The school was expensive and had a classy uniform, but the education level was not so good!

3. siddhu

siddhu New IL'ite

hi ladies,
    my daughter is august bourn and she is 4th year running. she goes to a CBSE school in bombay and probably she's in nursery. im planning to shift my family by next month and request you all to suggest me a good school. I stay in ajman near lulu. As per my knowledge she shud get admission in lkg and admissions starts by december. my budget is around dh500 to 750.
    this is the only reason for me to join this club as i was not getting required informations from my mail coleagues as most of them are bachelors or dont have kids.:)

4. balamotwani

Re: Suggest Me A Schoo IN U.A.E. Pls.

Hi Siddhu,

I am sailing in the same boat like you. My daughter is 3 yrs completed on july 8th 2007. So if your daughter completed 3 before september 15th then sh can join only international school with british curicullam. But if you are ready to wait till next year she can join indian school in April. Most of the schools application registration starts in january.

Good schools as referred by my relatives here are Al Diyafa, Dubai Gem, Kindergarden starters. But i thought i will put her later in International school as she has to get used to get up early in the morning, travel in school van, spend time away from me. So i put her in a nearby nursery for timebeing. Nursery starters. It is actually like a day care centre and i send her in morning session. you can check the website for all your queries.

5. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Friends
    I would like to know whether there any universities where Indians can study in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.Please let me know.

6. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

Re: Any good universities for Indians in Dubai or Abudhabi

There are plenty of universities in Dubai, it depends on what your field is. You can check the website for Knowledge village in Dubai and you should get morei information.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi kanaka,

You have lot of universities which work in partnership at Knowledge village.

checkout the this link....
    | Partners - KNOWLEDGE VILLAGE |

So how is your daughter doing. and what is she planning to take ??? (am i messing up somewhere. ??)

All the best to her....

8. kanaka Raghavan

Thank you sugar and spice,I will check it up.

9. kanaka Raghavan

Dear Shanti
    It is for my daughter .For the coming your year.She is planning to do lit,later on she wants to do journalism.Any suggestions?Thanks for the info.I would check it out.

10. balamotwani

Hi,

There is Mahatma Gandhi Open University in Dubai but iam not sure about ABD.