Srimad Bhagavatham.

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by soumya2552, Jun 8, 2010.

1. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

My MIL suggested to read Srimad Bhagavatham during pregnancy as it has got short stories of Krishna during his childhood. Has anyone read that book??

I believe there are many cantos of that book...and I want to know which canto deals that the stories of Lord Krishna.

Has anyone read that book, plz suggest the author's name and which canto is recommended during pregnancy. SInce I am not in India, its hard to get proper info. I will buy it online based on the response.

Thanks.

2. revathy45

revathy45 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Soumya,
    I just happened to see your post just now,hence the delayed reply.I have heard that during pregnancy it is very good to read Bala Bhagavatham.This is available at the chinmaya mission,you will find the link below useful I guess,and it is in US,so may be eay to order.My neice used to read this everyday during her pregnancy.
    Otherwise regular Bhagavatham Skandam 10 is on Krisnha and his leela's.
    Hope this helps.
    Take care and god bless,
    Revathy.
    http://www.chinmayala.org/Pricelist_Books_2007_2008.pdf

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  3. aarta

aarta Silver IL'ite

Hi soumya!

Do visit ISKCON centre in sinagapore ,there you will find the Cutty cutty krishna posters and desired holy book also.
    Happy reading!
    Happy & safe pregnancy :)

I am giving the detailed address also .
    Singapore-Govinda's Gifts, 763 Mountbatten Road, Singapore 1543/ Tel. +65 440-9092

Take care
    Aarta

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010