1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

follow up inlaws and SIL'smatter

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by harun, Aug 20, 2010.

1. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

Its been 2 weeks since my FIL has told us over phone that my SIL want to move our FLAT.But neither my SIL OR HER husband called us to discuss this.Looks like they have taken us granted that v hav to give the flat ofr rent to them.Right now RENOVATION of the FLAT is going on.My FIL is telling this & that has to be changed/repaired.My MIL spoke 2day to me & told that my SIL wanted to move in the mid october(after 16th oct).
    Really not getting how to deal with this situation

ORIGINAL QUERY:my SIL is married for 4.5 yrs ~ 3 yrs trying for kid & unsusefull.she had a abortion 2.5 before ,just after few days she knew she was pregnant.They went through all BEST medication.They r styaing in my FIL's one of the house SINCE MARRIGE paying very less rent.LAST YEAR my FIL SPENT around 2 lakhs money on the house my sil staying to make vastu changes as astrologer has told & other renovation work accoding to my sil's family conveinece.During same time me & my husbnad moved abroad.v were staying in a diffternt city from my inlaws & v both were working.My FIL took responsibility of the household things moving to my inlaws house.i advised to sell most of the items in the same city and gud price came but but my FIL said v will take the items to our house & there v will do sale as v will get still good amount.Since i had delivery during that time v had to listen to their advise and me & my kid moved with clothing ONly.End of the month my FIL went again to brought things,v had Arrnged for an good DOOR TO DOOR TRASPORT.After thigs brought the fridge was missing wen asked after many time my MIL said it's kept in SIL's house(they said she is planing to buy)and few other small small things alos was sent to her house only.,her house only 2 kms away.Then my SIL took the fridge with very less price talking with my husband(my husband left abroad)over phone tactfully.My inlaws kept all our new items & sold thier old itmes.Only TV they sold AGAIN less price only came. Recently we took a FLAT(OLD ) in the same compound of my inlaws.My SIL also wanted 2 buy but didnt happened becoz of finance issue.Now my SIL wanted to move to that flat as AGAIN astrolger has told to change house.
    1)shud v allow for this as she wants to move with an attitude that this house will bring her pregnacy. 2)wat rent v can expect as she isn't paying proper rent to my FIL (shud v fix outsider rent or shud give discount).v hav loans & rent is the only return income v get out of this flat buying as its a old flat.
    3)Any future problems/issue may occur which can be imagined by giving house to my SIL.

2. roxy

roxy New IL'ite

Hi harun,
    I dont have much advice for you but the only thing i can suggest is : if you do not want your SIL to think the flat is her's in comming years then you have to sign a tenant agreement with her. and ofcourse you have to give discount since she is your SIL but make sure your EMI is covered with the rent and explain this your IL's tell them you would not be able to keep the flat if the EMI's are not paid on time, which would mean she would not be able to stay there.

3. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Harun,

Where does your husband stand on this and how was your financial
    position?
    What do you do if you are in same shoes as your husband.It's not at all bad thing to support parents and siblings.But if they act mean then it bothers us lot and that's where the problem is.
    As long as they are decent people then I wouldn't even worry about the rent too.If you are really need money to pay EMI then go for it but if you don't like them then think about it.After all she is your husband sister.
    But if she is kind of person who takes advantage of situations and people then you need to be little strict.
    But as a women ,I do understand situation.She is going though diffcult phase in her life for conceving,may be she would think her paretns would help her and wanted to stay in the same compount.
    Think about if you given to some one rent and if you don't get good people what do you do.
    Anyhow think about situation overall and see do you have to be like that or you can be little flexible about this?

4. kuttimma

kuttimma Bronze IL'ite

Hi Harun,
    Recently my cosis rented her apt (she is abroad) to her cousin and to avoid misunderstanding between relatives she signed a shortterm lease agreement (for 10 months) with a rent little bit below market rate. You can renew the lease later. discuss with your dh:)

5. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

Rental Agrement i don't thk so a possible way,it may sound weird.
    My SIL is alreday staying just 2 kms away,so she is never FAR from my IL's.
    As comapred to current rent wat my SIL is paying to MY FIL,the current rent of ours will cost her REALLY MORE.
    Any FIANNACIAL issue within my SIL'S family wud affcet us indirectly.OR soem misundrestanding may arise if v ACCEPT RENT during their CRISIS TIME.As my SIL's husband is not that very serious person,wen comes to handling money matters.

6. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

My SIL is not talking to us only... its going to a month & still once also my SIL OR HER HHUSBAND is not talking to us.Looks like my IL's are purposefully doing this... i am getting Vrey irritataed,SOMETHG IS REALLY fishy.plz ladies suggest some ways or waht i can say my IL'sor SIL so that she don't move to our FLAT.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  7. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

I think you can't say anything to them. Your H is the only one who can say what he wants done. Yes where is your H on all this you have not mentioned about whats his plans are. I am sure if your SIL moves in with low rent it will pinch his purse too.

8. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

ladies..
    1)Intially it wud be Rent -REnt which is nearly 1/3rd of their salaries of both,(as its a old flat v know the old rent)
    2)After few months it wil b frustration if my SIL if she didn't gte pregnant & surrouding pople r known people all will ask for 'gud news & all" that time it will b like "this house also ....." "Big ...... house".i DON'T WANT OUR HOUSE TO B CALLED THAT WAY.
    3)"oh V R PAYING SOO much rent" rather v wud hav taken a new house for loan ,as v r paying more rent.
    These above thoughts will defeinetly arise & it may sour our relation.
    My SIL will b talking to soo many pople alwys on phone discussing soemthg or other ,wonder she does not get ONE proper advise also form anyone.

9. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

OMG why are you :bonk with all these scenarios that has not happened yet. ladies..
    1)Intially it wud be Rent -REnt which is nearly 1/3rd of their salaries of both,(as its a old flat v know the old rent)
    2)After few months it wil b frustration if my SIL if she didn't gte pregnant & surrouding pople r known people all will ask for 'gud news & all" that time it will b like "this house also ....." "Big ...... house".i DON'T WANT OUR HOUSE TO B CALLED THAT WAY.
    3)"oh V R PAYING SOO much rent" rather v wud hav taken a new house for loan ,as v r paying more rent.
    These above thoughts will defeinetly arise & it may sour our relation.
    My SIL will b talking to soo many pople alwys on phone discussing soemthg or other ,wonder she does not get ONE proper advise also form anyone

10. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

hhi ars ,
    based on few past instances i know the my IL's & SIL's character.they talk sooo much that also on repeated instaces.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010