1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

New here - driving help

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by sheetal81, Sep 19, 2007.

1. sheetal81

sheetal81 New IL'ite

Hello everyone,
    I am sheetal, Joined the forum a while back - I am planning to learn driving, any suggestions regarding driving schools? in Iselin area? Also, I am so scared of driving, have always had that fear - not sure why.. I have an SUV - not sure if i will ever be able to drive.. Please help
    Thanks

2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hello Sheetal - welcome to IL. No need to fear car driving - it is very easy here. I would suggest going to a driving school - that is probably the best way for you get a handle of driving in this country. Check with friends, neighbors to find out if they have any recommendations for good driving schools nearby. Hope it works out for you - hopefully you will be zooming down I-95 soon! Maybe some ladies in your area will respond to this post.

3. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

hi Sheetal,

First you will need to get a temporary driving permit from your local DMV for which you will have to pass a written exam. Copies of the driving guide are available for free at all DMV locations. Once you have the temporary permit you can take the drive test and get your licence anytime within one year. If the temporary permit expires then you have to take the written test again.

hope this helps,
    Mythraeyi

4. sheetal81

sheetal81 New IL'ite

Thanks for the reply ladies. Mythraeyi - I already wrote the written exam last month and got a permit - I am allowed to practice now..But really scared, thats the only thing stopping me

5. mythili

mythili Senior IL'ite

I practiced on my husbands car. (he had control of the steering initially. )
    Just make sure to go into empty parking lots or barren areas where there are no other cars initially.

Gradually you will get the hang of it. then start driving into your home from the neighbourhood etc. Practise this a lot and then venture into the streets.
    I did not get into freeways for few months initially.

Once you are used to it, you can seek the help of driving school to become an expert. Also some dmv's require you to attend a school for few hours.
    Good luck!
    Mythili

6. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Hey Sheetal,

he teaches very well, i learnt from him.
    call him and take an appointment.

All the Best...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2008
  7. lmani

lmani Senior IL'ite

Try Prmier driving school Edison ask for sam .

8. sheetal81

sheetal81 New IL'ite

Thanks for the info. ladies - I just got home taking 2 driving lessons from visio driving school - the instructor said i fear a lot - but i do drive well.. Need some practice. nothing to fear..

9. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi sheetal,
    Update on u r driving course.Im also going to take driving test.I drive in India.

10. tempy72

tempy72 Senior IL'ite

hi friends.i am also new to driving.i am planning to take up driving test.but have no idea how to start and prepare.i got driving handbook which has huge subjects to be covered.help me how to prepare for written test.is there any sample questions to be prepared or any particular topix to be prepared for the test.wat r other test conducted to get learner license.plz help me in detail.thanx.