1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

body scrub: what is your opinion

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by richa2009, Jun 6, 2010.

1. richa2009

richa2009 New IL'ite

hi friends.
    I am a strong believer of natural beauty care. I was searching online for some good tips about body scrubs for different skin types and I came across the following website by Stacy Michelles, an organic and natural skin therapist.
    http://bodyscrubworld.com/salt-body-scrub/olive-body-scrub/

the site has some really interesting skin solutions which look quite unique by nature and I am really impressed to find a pro beautician like Stacy Michelles also encourages "Al Natural" treatment rather than promoting typical chemical cosmetic products.But I am curious to know if you have ever used these natural therapies and what is your experience?
    East, specially our country ,India is always known for its unbeatable natural or home made skin care methods using all flowers, fruits, dairy or other stuff which are just close to nature.
    please let me know if the following solutions offered in Stacy's website are effective and also share with me some great body scrubbing ideas at home.I hate to use any store bought scrub products though.
    thanks

2. Ashavori

Ashavori New IL'ite

Hey,

Thanks. I have tried the homemade brown sugar scrub today (i used regular sugar instead of brown sugar).

It turns out to be great (even my sister and her husband tried it - LOL). Looks like I have to find some more recipes.

Organic essentials oils are expensive. I used a synthetic one and it still came out ok.

Looks like my local spa lost a customer :)

3. dale91

dale91 Senior IL'ite

You can try my all time favorite scrub:
    Almond and Bran Scrub
    1/2 cup very finely ground almonds
    1/2 cup course wheat bran
    1 cup hot green tea
    10 drops lavender essential oil
    Mix the almonds and bran. Add the tea; stir until the mixture forms a smooth paste. Cool just to body temperature. Add the lavender essential oil, thoroughly blending the mixture. Use this scrub as often as once a week.