1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Plz help out--In need of help uncooperative husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mmdash, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Nothing can justify termination just because kids are twins. Its is God grace and infact lucky. To think that they will be burden even before they are born is not right... OP should prepare herself mentally for the challenge. I do agree that her feeling of aborting or getting rid is not at all right.

2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Yes.

This is not an unplanned preg, it is planned. The only thing unplanned is the twin part which is not something you can "control".

Esp Moms more than Dads are supposed to feel in cloud 9 and elated, and this is first pregnancy also. So, thats why I am baffled and was wondering if someone is specifically needling the IL-ites. Abortion (aka killing) seems far too drastic a measure from a normal Mom reaction in a healthy body!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  3. vidyasubodh

vidyasubodh New IL'ite

hi.... congratulation! When i was pregnent i was thinking about twins but i delivered only one that time i was thinking if i would have delivered twins no need to take pain again in delivery. But when u r husband is supporting u why r u getting so much worry. I think he is a good hearted man that's why he don't want to do the abortion. Our life is a challenge so many things will come in our life if u sit like this it is difficult to survive in our life. Make u r self happy... don't think about it.... god is there to help u.
    This is not a big issue. If u r financial condition is weak then it is difficult to look after. Otherwise no issue......

4. bebe

bebe Bronze IL'ite

Dear Dash!

I think you need a wake-up call! Are you out of your mind, dear??? COUNT YOUR BLESSING!!!

I can imagine that it might be harder to care for and raise twins, however it is not impossible! You are being so egoistic! Why did you in the first place plan for a child? To fulfill YOUR needs and wishes and dreams or to see a child be born and grow into a remarkable human being? What were your reasons? If raising two kids at once is too much for you, ever thought about giving one for adoption? Oh, l'd take both for that matter, open heartedly.

I think you had a very smooth life till now, and cannot deal with the first " imperfection"! COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!

If your started reading this bulletin board you will see that not all are so blessed! You should go and thank your husband for being so caring and considered! YOU are unfair, not him!

5. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

@mmdash...

I don't want to be harsh but...ARE YOU CRAZY?? WANT TO TERMINATE PREGNANCY??

There are so many women here who are struggling for pregnancy and I am one of them ....PLzzzzzzzzzz don't terminate...Moreover it's a sin to kill the baby who hasn't seen the world yet....For suppose if you abort now...and later if you have hard time conceiving then whoz gonna help you out...(that won't happen but think either ways)..It's a GOD GIFT...ACCEPT IT !!!

Kids are god's gift...In fact you are soooo lucky that you are blessed with double bundle of joy.....Ofcourse it would be tough for upbringing them...
    But you have to manage dear...moreover you hus promised you that he will help you out in everything..lucky girl !!!!t remove all these st

Just remove all these stupid thoughts from your mind and enjoy your motherhood...

BTW which country you live in? You can't any help from maid??

Sweety

6. glowmom

glowmom Senior IL'ite

Since this is planned preganancy, you should have thought about this possibility earlier as well.. anyways, it is plain naive to plan for a pregnancy thinking you will have single baby and lot of help from whoever. As parents, if we bring the baby to this world, we are the ones who have to raise them..

twins or not, it is not easy to raise kids.. but if you already have so much against this i would seriously think you need to discuss this further with your husband and doctor. may be you need to go in for councelling as well before you make any final decision on this.. Reason i am telling you this is i dont want you giving birth to twins and not able to cope/neglect the babies.. believe me it happens when you were all along against this idea and with post pregnancy harmones out of balance. poor babies dont need a mama who detests them..

Please make sure you think with calm mind and discuss thoroughly with your husband on all options before making a final call. your husband could very well help you out to the maximum extent...but ultimatley, since you would be stay at home mom, you will be the primary caregiver. you need to want to do it and love doing it for your sake, your family sake..

7. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi there,

Congratulations and be happy that you are blessed with double happiness. Today majority of couples are suffering without child. You are really lucky to have been blessed with twins. My elder sis has twin girl babies who are 2 year old now. its so wonderful to have kids around you. Pls accept this as god's gift and you can never say whether God will you this opportunity again if you abort this time. Try to be positive. Be happy

All the best.

8. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

hi mmdash,

First RELAX..RELAX and RELAX....

Second : Congrats ... Yes Congrats...

Third : Dont freak out...

Fourth : My experience my husband has been insensitive and not helping ... I had your same fear..Infact my MIL and everybody created hell...You are I suppose in a better position.So what I did was I went to a counselor with my DH for how to handle this situation and my fears.Well in my case my husband would not be ready to go, So i faked a scenario that in my office there was camp on this stuff and they contacted me for free attending the camp..etc etc blah..blah.. You can also think of somethign innovative to take him there based on your present situation Only if you think he is a person who would not agree to come.

Sought out things there.You will be relieved , I am sure.Try searching for a good counselor in place you stay.

9. roxy

roxy New IL'ite

Its not you its your preganancy harmone's talking. in inida we tend to blame the women for everything- of being in coperative. the actual reason is your body is going through lot of changes and you are not able to cope with it. you need someone to understand you please try and get as much support as possible. meditate go out for a walk read good book comedy shows and keep your self occupied. this will divert your mind and very soon you will realise how happy you are. start to feel proud of yourself for the fact that you are capable of of giving birth to twins. you are bringing two lives into this world. if you are worried about other issues like financial stuff then please share with us.