1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Ladies in Santa Clara - Meet here !

Discussion in 'Indians in Bay Area' started by manvitha, May 17, 2007.

1. Bhavna3

Bhavna3 New IL'ite

Re: anyone in santa clara?

Hi Veena,
    It would be better if there is washer and dryer in unit...I will pass on all the info..
    I stay in san jose with my husband...we should meet up sometime.....

2. Sharongpl

Sharongpl Senior IL'ite

I lived in many states and among all the places I have lived, the best is Denver and Newton in Iowa. Worst is bay area.

What is so good about BAY AREA, tell me. My husband and I left bay area as we were fed up with the quality of life and the people. Walk into a desi store, how many of them say Hi or Thank You. They think they are doing you a big favour of selling goods to you. I don't go to desi store in Bay Area. But if you go to Indian grocery store in other states that I have lived in they are polite. When I was in bay area, I go to Ranch Market in Cupertino, fast, polite, excellent service. Why would I give business to people who don't have basic manners even to say thank you. Also I find the Indians in bay area, just stare, no Hi, Hello. But when you live in area with less Indians they are much nicer. On the whole I hate Bay Area..

3. vaniarun81

vaniarun81 New IL'ite

sure Bhavna,
    we will meet up sometime. I stay with my DH and two year old Daughter. Do u have an option of sending private msgs, i dont. if so, can you send me one. we can keep in touch like that.

4. Bhavna3

Bhavna3 New IL'ite

Veena,
    I can send private messages only to those who have subscribed to this feature...As you dont have this facility , I wont be able to PM you...
    We can meet up sometime and exchange numbers...or you can buy paid pm...

5. vaniarun81

vaniarun81 New IL'ite

hey Bhawna,
    ok ok..if we plan to meet up where do we meet? whats plan for the weekend? I have a little bit of shopping this week as we have "Onam" on monday. Its a festival we celebrate in Kerala.u havent told me ur native place in India? are u also on H4 visa?

6. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

I gotta agree with you about the politeness of the DESIs in the Bay Area.. folks wont learn the GOOD from the WEST, they will learn how to be NASTY

have been stuck up in the BA over a decade cant compare any other places as I dont know them much...

7. quizzer

quizzer New IL'ite

I agree with you. I loved the midwest for the people ... had to come to bay area just for jobs, otherwise i dont like it here.

I have stayed in around 20 states so far and midwest comes first followed by north east.The only drawback that i could think of is the weather. Schools were toprated there too!!!

8. Sharongpl

Sharongpl Senior IL'ite

I just feel it is nice and to be polite. I like the westeners for their politeness which we can learn. But I think it is wrong of me to say westeners. I am from Singapore and my family hardly have any relatives in India as we have been in Singapore for generations. Back in Singapore people are friendly too regardless whether they are Indians, Malays or Chinese, I find Indians from India to have this attitude. I agree about the weather fantastic in Bay area, but I cant stay there just on that. You stayed in 20 states then you are very much like me too. We keep travelling bcoz we work in SAP field. I like North East too, love Connecticut and Vermont but the best to me was Newton, Iowa, love, love, love the people, learnt a lot from them.

9. sharaadiraju

sharaadiraju New IL'ite

make friends in santa clara

hi im shara,
    i stay in santa clara at lawrence rd.im married and have no kids. im a new member and would like to make friends with people staying near by me. i dont have any indians staying in my apartment so i really lack friends. we are also planning to move to an apartment which has good indian community.so please suggest some. im in search of some good friends to kill this loneliness. i wish this post would bring me some new friends.

10. vaniarun81

vaniarun81 New IL'ite

Re: make friends in santa clara

hello Sharaadi,

I am also staying in Santa Clara, near Lick Mill park.Am also relatively new to this place with not many friends out here. Whats the name of your apartment? are you also on H4 Visa. I am on one . We have a two year old daughter also..keep in touch. have a nice weekend.

Veena