1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to solve

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ssv, Aug 17, 2010.

1. ssv

ssv New IL'ite

Hi all,

Anybody please suggest me to solve the problems, my DH is very nice and we lead a very happy life (but we dont hv kids). problem is my in-laws.
    In his family DH only earns well, one brother-in law married and he does'nt have a job for the past 1 and half years. we are supporting them, other problem is there is another brother-in-law is staying with us who is not married and dont hv a proper job, he says he will not get married. I dont know how to solve this,my DH is very affectionete to his brothers and sisters, and one main thing is my DH is my own uncle, so i am not able to be harsh to anybody.pls suggest me how to handle.

2. psych

psych Gold IL'ite

Welcome to my boat! I have similar issues. DH is nice to you isnt it? Also how are the IL's nature? Do you think you can help them by finding a better job for them so they can be independent? Have them take some courses so they have a chance to be independent? If they are my IL's kind (dont want to work) then theres not much you can do except hoping that DH will one day understand that you are his responsibilty too. Till then keep a good relationship with him. (that is what my fellow ILites have suggested to me)

3. ArchanaP

ArchanaP Silver IL'ite

Are your in-laws ill treating you or your only concern is that he is spending for his family? Please provide us more details so that we can suggest you better.

4. ssv

ssv New IL'ite

Thanks Psych & Archana,

My only concern is he is spending too much for his family, unable to stop that and moreover am not the person who is selfish, both of us only made marriages to all his sisters. we both used to take care of his parents with all medicines and other needs( even though they are not with us)we feel its our duty to take care of them and doing it. but there is no end for spending money for sisters and brothers. They are not illtreating me , instead they will praise me more. so i am in the situation where i cant say no to anybody.

ssv

5. roxy

roxy New IL'ite

haya,
    You are very lucky that your IL's r nice to you (god's grace). you should use this relationship to your advantage. talk to your in laws casually about kids. tell them it would be nice to have a little one playing with them. praise them for the way they raised your DH and tell them it would be nice if you have kids now, so that you can get some pointers from them for the upbringing of your child. chances are that this may raise some expectations on them and they may convey this to your DH.