Fear of Birth....Need advice

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by kanmani, Oct 7, 2006.

1. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Re: ultrasound and EDD?? every time a different EDD??

Dear luckydove
    u shud have a regular checkup now every wk in last months of preg. In the last months of pregnancy BP has tendency to rise if u r on medication dont worry but try to cut the salt intake & fat & watch for ur urine output if it is less & u r having swelling in feet get more frequent BP monitoring.
    Urinary tract infection r common in last months as the pressure of gravid uterus pushes bladder & With increasing secretions the local resistance becomes less for clearing this drink plenty of fluids & keep good local hygine.
    Also in last 8wks the physical relation ship with ur hubby shud be avoided as this also may causes Urinary infection .
    u shud indulge in ur hobbies which gives u peace of mind & listen to good music or read good books.
    One thing i wud like to draw ur attention is keep an eye on ur baby's movements they shud be appreciated freqently in last few wks.
    Take long walks if res is not prescribed by ur doctor & depp breathing exercises & in this u can involve ur hubby also & work as a team. If I sound too much like a doctor & not a friend I am sorry but I am a doctor.

2. luckydove

luckydove New IL'ite

hi Jaishree,

My BP is normal now..knock on wood! but now my baby is in posterior position and I've heard this position causes long lobor and more painful birth, is it true? I feel pain at right side of my ribs and can feel the heel of baby. really its very painful and continous..even i'm unable to sleep for last 5 days.

My next appointment with my gynec is in october 1st week.what re the chances that baby would turn anterior.is there anything i could do to turn baby anterior?

Thanks for ur previous replies!

3. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Dear luckidove
    Its good that ur BP is in normal range.
    about Baby postion u need not worry much as the postion keep changing till 32 wks of pregnancy at that time it desend lower in pelvis & become fixed. But even than baby may rotate during actual labour so dont worry.
    About the pain around ribs is due to expanding baby sac & size , dont sit in one position for long.
    Pain may be due to acidity which is common in last few weeks. Take some antacids as advised by ur doctor on next visit. Dont eat much spicy foods.
    Best of luck
    Jaishree

4. anjalineema

anjalineema New IL'ite

when to have a scan

hi everyone over there
    just now i m in Chicago, USA from last 2 months.
    i m 4and half months pregnant and my EDD is 11 feb08 . its decided that i will deliver my baby in my home town Indore so i will be going back home in mid Nov
    as everything is going fine with me and my baby. i feel like baby is developing well in me. so i haven't consult a doctor over here.
    before coming to Chicago in Bangalore i had a scan when i was 2 and half months pregnant and at that time everything was ok so i just want to know
    now when should i go for a scan again so as to know about my baby. my family doctor who is in Indore says i don't need any scan till i come to Indore. is it fine or should i go for a scan my family doctor is not a gynecologists so i m bit in doubt. though i have full confidence in him .
    please can any one suggest me what should i do. please help me out with this confusion. thank you all a lot..:)

5. SreejaJitin

SreejaJitin New IL'ite

Baby's growth 3 weeks ahead of the actual no. of weeks ? - Kindly help

Hi Everybody,
    Hope all are doing great.
    I am facing a confusion for which I dont find any definite anwer. Any help would be appreciated in this matter.
    I am currently in my 33rd week. In my 3rd month scan, EDD according to ultrasound (Nov 2nd) was almost a week ahead of the EDD calculated from LMP which was Nov.10th. In my 6th month scan EDD changes again to Oct.28th.
    In my most recent scan, Dr said that baby's growth is now 3 weeks ahead of the actual no. of weeks. Also, baby's head growth is one more week ahead and so is a little large. Anybody knows how it will affect baby's health and delivery? Baby's position is normal. Dont know whether these info will throw more light- I gained 8 kilos till now and Dr said 11 kilos is the minimum. Baby is almost 2.5 kilos now. I had high fever in 4th month and caught chicken pox in 7th month.
    Thanks for any help...

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Baby's growth 3 weeks ahead of the actual no. of weeks ? - Kindly help

Hi sreeja,

dont worry. sometimes the head growth is more..even if our lmp is the correct ... from my own experience...my son was four weeks ahead in his head growth than his body..i had a elective c section...baby was 3.5kgs....he is perfectly normal now....... and your doctor will be the best judge when it comes to your delivery.....I had typhoid in the fourth month...and was on hormonal steroids to sustain my pregnancy throughout...so dont worry....

all the best

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi sreeja,

dont worry. sometimes the head growth is more..even if our lmp is the correct ... from my own experience...my son was four weeks ahead in his head growth than his body..i had a elective c section...baby was 3.5kgs....he is perfectly normal now....... and your doctor will be the best judge when it comes to your delivery.....I had typhoid in the fourth month...and was on hormonal steroids to sustain my pregnancy throughout...so dont worry....

all the best

8. SreejaJitin

SreejaJitin New IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

Thanks a lot for the reply :-D . Next week I have a check up. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    I would like to know in which week was your c-section conducted? And did you opt for it or Doctor advised to go for it?

Cheers,
    Sreeja

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi sreeja,

i did not have any pains during my first one. and my pelvic muscles dont contract so had been adviced c-section in the first delivery. this was my second, my son was a lengthy baby and i was in lot of pain all the time..so was given elective c-section by 34-35th week. it was fixed after a final scan.

yeah will pray for you...dont worry.take care...

10. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Re: when to have a scan

Dear Anjali,

Congradulations on your pregnancy. I understand that you have got scanning done somewhere during the end of July. If everything is going well, then only three times scanning is done in India. Like in your case, if the doctor does scanning during November then the last scanning will be done just a couple of weeks before due date.

However there are no hard & fast rules for the number of scanning to be done. It is a matter of how the baby is doing and what your doctor feels.

But you will have to go for checkup every month during the first seven months. If you are visiting a doctor here, find out if scanning is required. If you get scanning done here, then you can know the baby's gender.

All the best.

Amitha