1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Potatoes,potatoes

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by kanaka Raghavan, Aug 17, 2010.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Potatoes have lot of carbohydrate like rice.It has minerals ,vitamins as well.
    Boiled potatoes do not have fat content in them.Proteins are found in them when you cook it with milk and egg.When you use it with the skin,fibre content is high.Potatoes have resistant starch ,so when you cook and add it with salad and keep it in the fridge and consume ,it reduces glucose level and keeps lipid levels under control.
    It has Vitamin B ,which helps in metabolism.
    It has potassium ,which keeps blood pressure under control.It does not have sodium which is harmful.
    Freshly grown potatoes have lot of vitamins which is equivalent vitamins found in fruits.
    If you trying to lose weight ,take boiled potatoes.It is filling and has less calories than rice.
    For people who are allergic to wheat,cheese,they can take boiled potatoes.
    If it is cooked the right way ,it is healthy.Not frying with oil,not removing the skin makes it suitable for consumption.
    I saw a program on TV wherein the doctor suggests that potatoes can be taken twice a week,that too boiled.Add it to sambar,make boiled curry,gravy or salad.

2. deepthijv

deepthijv Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kanaka,

Thanks for sharing the info, i knew that boiled potatoes are good for health, but never new that it has so many good things...i think is a boon to all potato lovers who are worried about getting fat..

Deepthi

3. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Great info...thanx for sharing :)

4. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

Kanaka a hug for you I just love potatoes --and u have shown how to improve the nutrients:):) of potatoes while using it thanks dear

5. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the feedbacks.
    Malliga
    Noted down your recipes.wonderful.Will be trying them shortly and will let you know.

6. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

kanaka,thanks for the info .