~~June 2010 Mommies~~

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by priavindh, Oct 1, 2009.

1. njmom2be

njmom2be New IL'ite

hello all,
    hows everyone doing? lo's doing good...she gets very frustrated with breast-feeding...so ive started pumping n giving her...it was a struggle to let go of the natural way...but ultimately had to give in to her cries..but its still hectic..with a toddler n feeding the lil one n pumping ...but like Raindrop said...one smile n u forget all the difficulties...

hi uma...how r u?

hi Raindrop,
    Adita is a cute name..my lil one is yet to follow a sleep pattern...nights she sleeps from 10 to 2 almost..after that she has a very disturbed sleep..n likes to be held all the time too...hoping the next mnth will bring some changes...

take care all, luv,
    Anu

2. shalsraaj

shalsraaj Bronze IL'ite

Hey All,
    I am back after a long break. Badly missed u guys.. My net wasnt working. We have named our baby boy RAAGHAV and i m thoroughly enjoying the motherhood.. :)

Hi Raindrop,
    My baby sleeps almost the entire day. He will hardly be awake for 2 hours and will be awake till 3 or 4 in the morning. I am badly worried abt his sleeping pattern. And i dunno how i m gonna manage this when i start to work.

And Moms.. Pls advice.. I will be goin to work from next month and I am planning to get a breast pump. Which one is the best, manual or electrical.?? Which brand will u suggest?? Girls, who are using breast pump, pls advice. I m an IT professional and might come home late, my work time is not a constant one. I leave home by 8 am and ll reach back, say 9 pm. Will the milk taken thru the pump be sufficient for the baby..i am badly confused.. Help me out pls..

3. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Hellllllloooooooo dearies........It's been a looooooong time since I stepped in..and yeah, as Cindhu and Sharmila posted, I am not able to find time to even take a deep breath :bonk
    My DD Keerthana always coos at the top of her voice...her legs are always in the air doing cycling...she seems to be very naughty now itself....my elder DD passed on her viral infection to my younger one and hence found it really difficult to manage both...both of them are kinda improving now...
    my younder one has her second vaccination this Saturday(14th) and I hope she has proper weight gain...My breastmilk is not sufficient for my DD these days and I have started to give formula inbetween from today...
    Sleeping pattern!!!!! there is no pattern with my daughter...she at times sleeps for 4 to 5 hours..at times she wakes up every one hour and my darling gets hyper active as soon as everyone sleeps...so u can imagine my plight with one awake during nights and the one during the day!! Phew!! wondering how did our grannies and great grannies manage with 6 and 7 :bowdown
    @Divya - Howz your LO doing? hope there are no complications due to this umblical hirenia...
    @Anu - I am doing good da...Aditi is a nice name
    @Sharmila - My DD does not sleep in bed at all...she sleeps in the swing...I am going to have a difficult time to make the baby transition to bed :(
    @Shalini - I am sorry..I never used the breast pump..I have heard that Avent Medala Breast Pump is good...do wait for the feedback form other IL's
    @Cindhu - Howz your health da? Gues you are in your last trimester now and experiencing good kicks from your LO...take good care
    All right folks..I guess I have typed in too much in my enthusiasm..lemme better stop it right here!!! :bonk
    hoping to know more updates from you mommies..take care everybody :thumbsup

4. divyaprashmenon

divyaprashmenon Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Happy to know that all are enjoying life with their kids.
    I feel like days are flying....within days, our LOs will be of 3 months age...
    DS had 2nd month checkup last week.Development is fine.Felt relieved to hear that.

All of you take care,
    Divya

5. Raindrop

Raindrop Bronze IL'ite

Hey Gals,

Gud to see the updates! Hope everybody is busy with their los esp the second time moms.

Really time is just flying. Only few more days for our Los to complete 3 months! Has everybody given vaccines to their little ones? We gave Adita the vaccine which was due at the end of 2 months and the next wld be at the end of 4 months.

Has anybody introduced other feeds apart from BF? If so, what? My DD is exclusively BF. She has increased her intervals of feeds nowadays. So I tried to give her formula but in vain. The moment the bottle is kept in her mouth she shows all funny faces and immed spits the milk and pushes the bottle away and starts to cry, no i shld say Yell.

Is it necessary to introduce other foods at this age? I remember giving Ragi to my first one rt after the first month itself, but then i had my mom with me who did that. Now im not sure how to feed her the same. If u guys have any idea pls suggest.

DD is doing fine. She had mild fever after the vaccination but that went away within a couple of days. She tries to roll down nowadays but not fully. She ends up lying sideways for long time. She is always busy staring at her mittens and her fav past time now is to hold both her hands together with gr8 efforts! Its quite funny to watch her do that with a smile!:)

6. magna

magna New IL'ite

Heya Girls,

First let me apologise for not being in touch these days...my mom has left and i pretty much have to do everything on my own with my dh's help ofcourse. He's been a sweet and even stays awake at night letting me catch up on my sleep. Hows everyone....i am actually not sure of all of our june mommies LO's names. hope someone can make a tab of it all along with pet names if any:)

We have named our daughter "Jwanita" ... its the Indianized version of the spanish name juanita means God's gift and God's grace. at home we call her "kunju vava" as well as "Mitwa". She is a sweet-natured child has adjusted to all my mistakes..she feeds on both bf and formula currently giving nestle's Nan. i did contemplate on pumping (heard MEDELA is good) but she seems to be ok with what little breastmilk i can manage to give her and with nan..her weightgain is in normal range and her doc says shes healthy. as for sleeping pattern no such thing..she sleeps when she wants but i dont let her sleep for longer than 4-5 hrs at a stretch.

missed u all girls..rite now am working on how to celebrate my DD's very first Onam..my DD is already loving her jewellery esp her gold bangles. and I on the otherhand have started taking a lot of her pics... most of them with her dad...he's having a gala time posting them on his socialnetwork sites and his laptop wallpape...rhope she doesnt grow up thinking wheres mamma in all her piks.

7. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Hi Gals,
    sorry once again for being out of touch.My updates:I came back to SIngapore with my hubby after cradle ceremony of our angel.The most worrying part was his bathing .But by god grace I could able to manage his massage n bath well.His routine is set .In the day time he will take short naps.But at nights he sleeps at a strech for 3 hours.So if i feed him around 11pm he will get up at 1,3,6am.SO its fine fore me.I have taken extra unpaid leave till Nov 15th.at that time i will call my mom to come to help me manage the baby once I get back to work.
    So girls how is weight gain of the baby?I am not sure of the weight gain part.....He was 3.3kg when he was born .Now he must be around 5.5kg appox at the end of 2nd month?Is it ok?Hw is the weight gain for ur kids?
    I lost most of my weight ,say I am 5kg extra than my pre pregnancy weight.But my tummy is still bulging out.I had C section.Is it normal/
    Hi Sharmila,Uma,shailaja,Cindhuja,Njmom,shalini,DIvya.....n sorry if i missed anyone.How are u gals doing.I find myself so busy with one kid I really appreciate those with toddlers.
    when are u planning to start any othr food?
    Rest all is fine.

8. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Hi Cutekid and Magna...nice to see some updates.
    Magna - the name of your LO is very different and nice.
    Cutekid - The weight gain is normal. The normal weight for a 3 month old baby is 5.5kg and as you see your kid is doing real good his weight gain. My daughter's weight gain is very slow. She is only 5.1kg now.
    Others - How are you all? Did your LO turn on his/her tummy? Mine is a sweety lazy bone and not even bothered to even turn on sides ;o)
    My Update - I have started formula full time now. I have applied for Loss of Pay leave till December 31st. I have planned to start raagi after LO completes 4.5 months :) what about you folks? Have you started any solids?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  9. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

hi uma,cutekid and all friends,

nice to hear the updates from you people..so busy moms haan :)..good good..our club is too gearinng up..just 6-8 weeks balance in our side..get ready to answer all our queries with your experience.have a nice time with your LO's..wish them all a speedy and balanced growth ..take care all:hiya

10. shalsraaj

shalsraaj Bronze IL'ite

Hey all,
    Hope u are all enjoying with ur kids. Raaghav is doin super good. He is 3 and half months now. Had the 4th vaccination ystd. He is turning and lying on his stomach. Thats wat his sleeping position is. I am joining back the work by October 1st. I dunno how i m gonna handle it. He is just taking my feed. I started up with NAN 1 on monday. He dint like it and dint drink it at all. Have to practice it.
    My doctor has advised to give Nestum rice as he is 3.5 months now. Is it ok to start it now?? Bcos the product box mentions it to start the same from 6 months. But the doctor has said to start it now itself. Is it safe?? Have any of u tried it???

Take Care ALL..