Guidance required for moving to karlsruhe in winter with baby.

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by Ajanta17, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Ajanta17

Ajanta17 New IL'ite

Hello everybody,
    My husband and I am supposed to move to Karlsruhe from bangalore in November for a yr. We have a 1.5 yrs old daughter. As this is my first visit to Germany, I have no idea how much cold it'll be there that time. My husband had been there for a yr before marriage, he is doubtful whether our daughter'll be able to cope with it. Can somebody guide me how to tackle the temperature difference. What precautions and necessary clothes and medicines to take. My daughter doesn't suffer from cold much here. She gets sweat very easily and we use fan always here.
    Thanks in advance.

Ajanta Patil

2. Ajanta17

Ajanta17 New IL'ite

Can't anybody help me with my problem? Please, whoever staying in Germany, help me with tips.

Ajanta

3. priyakarthish

priyakarthish Silver IL'ite

Hi Ajanta
    Welcome to Germany. Even i traveled with my kid, when she was 1.5 years old.She coped better than us, so i think it wont be a much problem.
    Here in all houses, we all have heaters. so even in peak winter, it ll be warm inside the house.
    Regarding u r kid dress, u can get her some sweater, hand gloves from India (to manage initially) and u can get good winter Jacket here.
    Regarding Medicines, bring some medicines for fever, cold and bring gripe water(if u r using it).

4. chetanasudhi

chetanasudhi New IL'ite

hi ajanta,

i am also from bangalore and staying here in duisburg/germany since a year.where exactly u r staying in germany?

even me too have kid 2.2yrs when we came here(winter only).so u wont be a much problem,here weather is good compared to bangalore.

u just bring some warm clothes and medicines for ur kid.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2010
  5. Ajanta17

Ajanta17 New IL'ite

Thanks Priyakarthish. Thanks Chetanasudhi. Your replies are really precious to me! Now I can plan forward. We are coming there in November this year and we will be staying in Karlsruhe. I am planning to do all the shopping for my child in India only. So wanted to know how it'll be in germany. I will bring all the medicines necessary and yes, gripe water is must. Do you suggest any other important things to bring from India (which are not available there) ?
    - Ajanta