1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Favorite Film

Discussion in 'Movies' started by BandanaSen, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Aparna77

Aparna77 Senior IL'ite

My vote is for the award winning movie Shankarabharanam. The film is directed by K Vishwanath and has music by K V Mahadevan.
    The film is about the devotion of a devadasi Ratnaprabha played by Manju Bhargavi for a musician Shankara Sastry. Societal norms do not allow the two to stay together time and again. Ratnaprabha has a son by one of her clients and it is this son who takes up singing under the guru. Towards the end of the movie, while inaugurating an auditorium, Sastry falls ill and the son completes the song. Both Sastry and Ratnaprabha pass away simultaneously.

2. raginisharma

raginisharma Senior IL'ite

My favorite film is Umrao Jaan (the old one)! Rekha was awesome- just what was needed for the character.
    I feel the lyrics “dil cheej kyaa hain, aap meree jaan lijiye
    bas yek baar meraa kahaa maan lijiye

is anjuman mein aap ko aanaa hain baar baar
    diwaaro dar ko gaur se pahachaan lijiye

maanaa ke doston ko nahee, dostee kaa fas
    lekin ye kyaa ke gair kaa yehasaan lijiye

kahiye to aasamaa ko jameen par utaar laaye
    mushkil naheen hain kuchh bhee agar thhaan lijiye

are unparalleled.

The poetry of Shahryar, the music composition of Khayyam and the eternal appeal of Asha Bhosle’s voice made Umrao Jaan a timeless classic.

3. anandisingh

anandisingh Senior IL'ite

My favorite Bollywood movie is Sholay! The film, I believe, was made a couple of years prior to my birth and I have grown up with elder cousins and neighbors who were crazy about this film.

I had a friend called Pim who lived in my neighborhood and studied in my school only. He was turning 9 (I was eight years old and studied in Class III) and had invited all of us (a big group of playmates) for his Birthday Party. The main attraction of the evening was the new VCP which Chandra Uncle (Pim’s dad) had purchased.

After we had our snacks, uncle played the video cassette of SHOLAY and after 4 hours I realized I had fallen in love with the movie.
    :bowdown:cheers:thumbsup:-)

4. Isabel66

Isabel66 Junior IL'ite

My favorite film is Hum Aapke Hain Koun. I am a fan of Salman Khan and this is one of his earlier films (1990). The film also stars Madhuri Dixit , Renuka Sahane, Mohnish Behl, Alok Nath and Anupam Kher. The film was directed by Sooraj Barjatya and was quite a hit.
    The film is all about marriage functions and rituals and elaborate dances on the occasion. The film starts off when a proposal is brought for Mohnish Behl. The match is approved and the wedding takes place. Salman Khan is Behl’s younger brother and falls in love with the bride’s younger sister Madhuri Dixit. It is only at the end of the movie that the two actually get married that too courtesy the machinations of a super intelligent dog.:)

5. shefalisingh

shefalisingh Senior IL'ite

I remember the movie very well.
    Bollywood has many movies which have animals with important roles. Two such movies are Haathi Mera Saathi and Teri Meherbaniyan. In this movie too a dog plays a very crucial role. Madhuri is almost set to marry Mohnish Behl. At the last moment, she pens a farewell message to Salman Khan. The dog carries the message to Mohnish Behl instead of Salman Khan. Mohnish then steps aside and Salman marries Madhuri.
    One of my friends had commented that the movie showed everything except the feast during a wedding.
    :cheers

6. pihusangma

pihusangma New IL'ite

My favorite Bollywood movie is none other than Jab We Met. I find the film fresh and adorable. This is a film that restored my faith to basic emotions and simplicities.

The characters of Geet and Aditya were beautiful!! Kareena Kapoor was brilliant as the bubbly and chirpy Geet – she gave a very natural performance and it won her numerous awards. But, for me, the best performer of Jab We Met was Shahid Kapoor. To be honest, I fell in love with Shahid after seeing Jab We Met. I never knew that Shahid had such acting capabilities. I cannot imagine any two people other than Shahid and Kareena in the roles of Aditya and Geet respectively.
    :thumbsup

7. amritasharma

amritasharma Senior IL'ite

The Bollywood film I simply adore is Masoom (the one directed by Shekhar Kapoor). It was based on one of my favorite books “Man, Woman and Child” written by the late Erich Segal. The story adaptation was beautifully made by Gulzaar.

Naseerudiin Shah and Shabana Azmi were at their very best – their sensitive and matured performances mesmerize me whenever I see the movie. The music was excellent. The songs had Gulzar’s poetic and soulful lyrics and Rahul Dev Burman’s rich, melodious music.

Do we get songs like “tujhse naraaz nahi zindagi”, “do nainaa aur ek kahaani” and “huzur iss qadar” today?

8. piyagupta

piyagupta Senior IL'ite

As I have said earlier, I find “Masoom” beautiful. Every aspect of this movie is excellent. When I first saw the film I was quite young. I had not read Man, Woman and Child then. But I fell in love with the movie at my first meeting.

I have seen Masoom a number of times – and each time a dialogue or sequence or scene unfolds before me with newer meanings – I keep on discovering newer meanings of parts of the film and lyrics of the songs.

Young Urmila and young Jugal did wonderfully well – Jugal was perfectly cut out for Rahul’s role.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  9. kk2009

kk2009 New IL'ite

one of my favorite all time movies is schindler's list.... i swear i cry every time i see this movie!! the movie is a true story about Oskar Schindler, a German businessman who saved the lives of more than a thousand Polish-Jewish refugees during the Holocaust by employing them in his factories.

the comeplte list of people that he was able to save is available on Schindlers List

it makes your feel good about the good that humans are capable of....

10. radleywotson

radleywotson New IL'ite

My favorite movies,
    The Godfather
    The Matrix series
    A-Team
    Knight and Day
    Inception