European Cuisine

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by mallika22, May 3, 2010.

1. mallika22

mallika22 New IL'ite

I saw the thread on Regional cuisine.
    Being the capital of the country, Delhi is home to a substantial diplomatic corps as well as expatriate community working on many different projects. Then of course there is a refugee population - for example the Afghans. The Afghan population is based in and around Lajpat Nagar. There are many Afghan eateries. I have sampled their bread and I quite like it. One thing I found is that in general the Afghan dishes are bland and not at all spicy.
    I would like other ILites to contribute their experience of Delhi restaurants serving European/Continental/Thai cuisine.:thumbsup

2. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for starting this thread. You can easily spot restaurants offering Mediterranean, French, Italian, and Thai cuisine in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:City></st1:place>. The popularity of Sushi in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:City></st1:place> circles means that you have got quite a handful of restaurants serving Japanese cuisine.

I am a bit partial to French food particularly truffles. These are available at New Anand Store, Shop no 110, INA Market, <st1:City w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:City> as well as Godrej Nature Basket, Defence Colony, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:City></st1:place>.
    For a classy French meal, I suggest you visit Sequel, 35 Defence Colony market, New Delhi Ph 4657 6444 or Manre , MGF Metropolitan Mall, Saket District Centre, New Delji 110017 or Spago, N 2, Greater Kailash I, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:City></st1:place>.
    Happy Dining!

:coffee

3. JayaRawat

JayaRawat Senior IL'ite

I am fond of Italian food. I often visited
    Caramelo - Ristorante Italiano in Connaught Place
    Address:
    Barakhamba Road, Barakhamba Avenue
    Connaught Place
    Delhi -110001

Phone:011-66150000

Mobile:9873635154

Aresko Restaurant in Lodhi Road H.O.
    Address:
    Jor Bagh, Karbala Lane
    Lodhi Road H.O.
    Delhi -110003

Phone:011-24652808

Baci Restaurant in Lodhi Road H.O.
    Address:
    Sunder Nagar Market
    Lodhi Road H.O.
    Delhi -110003
    Landmark:Near HDFC Bank
    Phone:011-41507445
    Mobile:9910110520
    Timings: 11:00 am - 11:45 pm

Brix in Vasant Kunj
    Address:
    The Grand
    Nelson Mandela Road, West Junction, Phase 2
    Vasant Kunj
    Delhi -110070

Phone:011-26771234

And

Cafe Turtle in Greater Kailash I
    Address:
    Delhi -110048
    Landmark:Near Fab India
    Phone:011-29245641, 011-29245642

:cheers

4. anandisingh

anandisingh Senior IL'ite

Hey,

I too am fond of Italian Cuisine. Of all the places Jaya has mentioned above, I particularly like Brix.

Located in upscale Vasant Kunj, Brix is a multi-cuisine restaurant. Besides continental and Italian, Brix also serves Chinese, Mughlai, North Indian and South Indian cuisine. This resto-bar remains open throughout the day, all through the week. It serves breakfast from 7 am to 10 am, lunch from 12 pm to 3 pm and dinner from 7 pm to 11 pm.

I love the open display kitchen that the restaurant maintains. The wood fired ovens look classic. The ambience that is created with the Blues or the Bollywood chartbusters playing is awesome!!

:thumbsup

5. GarghKavita

GarghKavita New IL'ite

Hey ladies!!! i am a foodies and I love to eat and experience various cuisines that dehli has to offer... however my policy is always to find a value for money restaurant.
    for instance .. i really like the big chill outfit... they have great food and even better desserts (especially the Mississippi mud pie .. its yummm) i used frequent Flavors (opposite moolchand).. they were quite good and since they were serving mostly expats and owned by expats they had a good selection and good quality, but over the past few times their service has detriorated..

Another place that I really like a magique... although quite expensive... but the food is really good...

6. sushmafrom44

sushmafrom44 New IL'ite

one of the best restaurants for european cuisine is Smoke house grill... Serving modern European cuisine, you can try their Smoked Chicken Goat Cheese Tort and Ice Chicken Liver Pate. Décor is pleasantly minimal, a la Japanese aesthetic sensibilities.

go enjoy!!!