1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Concern, is it one way ?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Ganymede, Aug 10, 2010.

1. uhdam79

uhdam79 Senior IL'ite

Ganymede... Do think whether there are ways they can call you from home.. If its a mobile they can but if it is only Landline they cannot... You need to get connection specifically for ISD... So think...

And either they call or you call just call them and speak up with them..

Remember sit and talk openly... After all they are your parents..

Tell them how you feel if they dont talk to you even when you dont call them...

Sit and talk and Clear these sort of thoughts... All the best...

2. ArchanaP

ArchanaP Silver IL'ite

Re: Silly Little Question

If my mom was in India and I missed calling her for a week, she would call me herself or would have sent the next available relative to check on me or come here if she can. Never stayed 2.5 months without talking to my mom.
    It's not silly, it's scary that your family did not bother to contact you, find your whereabouts until you contacted them.

3. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Re: Silly Little Question

What is the reason behind this disconnect with parents Gany? Are you aware of any reason for all this disconnect?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  4. lifezbeautiful

lifezbeautiful New IL'ite

If I were in your position, I would definitely ask my parents a lot of questions! This is so scary! I would never want me or anybody to be in this situation..

I would advise you to check with your parents if they are angry/unhappy with you for some reason. Its strange that they dint bother to contact you for 2.5 months!

5. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Just a question..does your sister keep intouch with you? I mean during those one and half months, were you intouch with your sister through emails/chats/calls? if yes then might be she would have passed on the info to your parents that you are doing ok....and might be you were busy at work etc...

See point here is..some parents want to give kids that SPACE...I understand what you are thinking and feeling...that may be they dont care...how about looking at it in other angle...might be they wanted to give you time, might be they thought, you had to buy calling cards, might be you didnt have time to buy the calling cards or might be you were too tired at work or school...there might be so many reasons for which they may not have called you...

So do not fret over this too much...take things in your stride...Every parent is different so do not compare yours with others...

6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Very good question. I had skipped that angle.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010