1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Not again .Is something wrong with me? Or is it Natural?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by momusa, Jul 24, 2010.

1. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Sahithi

Right words at right time...yep I like the above thoughts

2. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

The Grass always looks greener on the other side.:) until you get there...

Whether it's just a thought or infactuation...don't act on it. If you feel this is a "phase" you are going through, hopefully it passes quickly.

Although I have a question...think for a second, it a person who is having these thoughts or is infactuated with a colleage, spends that type of emotion or time with their other half, won't that resolve issues in a relationship if they felt there is a disconect?

IN MY OPINION, I think people stray because they are trying to fill a void.

OOPALL.

3. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

That is a blatant generalization. We need to recognize that momusa had a reason to think the way she thought and no one can be blamed for having a free thinking mind. Thoughts and actions are distinct. It is not necessary that whatever we think, we will put it in action. We only put those things into action which we WANT to. Thoughts may well be precursor to many an action. Actions can be controlled by a conscious mind whereas the same doesn't hold to thoughts - and we need not feel guilty for nursing "bad" thoughts.

Let us all be thinking free, yet doing what we think is right. We should leave it to momusa's judgment as an adult capable enough to make a distinction between thoughts and deeds. I only think it is hypocritical asking her to control her thoughts. Any conscious effort to control one's thoughts, out of guilt or shame, only will lead to thinking more in that direction. Rather, I would prescribe momusa to not just beat herself for these thoughts and would assure her that it is very common. If she recognizes that this is a casual thing, she can move on rather than giving more attention to it than it deserves.

I would rephrase your quoted quote as

Watch your THOUGHTS, they MAY become WORDS
    Watch your WORDS, they MAY become ACTIONS

That 'MAY' becomes a 'WILL' only when WE consciously will.

4. kma

kma Gold IL'ite

I agree with you 100%. Even I feel the same but was reflecting to myself seeing the replies whether it was wrong to think so. Glad to see your post. :thumbsup

5. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Nowhere in my post , I was trying to preach others to start flirting with members of opposite sex. If any of my writings have conveyed that message across, I am sorry, I am misunderstood. This, was not something I had been trying to convey.

Buddy Shrividya, anywhere in my post, I did not say I made advances to women around. But Yes, I said, I am a 42 years old man.

I was trying to analyse, the existing tendencies of men...........not trying to say , whatever temptation that comes to a man's mind should be pursued upon..........nor did I say that these temptations are morally correct.

I was trying to address the issue of some biological reasons behind these temptations.

I DO AGREE WITH YOU, WITH NO UNAMBIGOUS WORDS, THAT THESE TEMPATIONS HAVE TO BE CONTAINED.............THEY ARE NOT TO BE PURSUED UPON.

More later. bye

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  6. goldenduck

goldenduck New IL'ite

Hi dear
    There is nothing wrong with your thoughts.Its all actually you need to spend time with your hubby.Its your hubby who needs to understand that you need some pampering, luv & care to stay away from all these feelings. The main problem is to make your hubby understand you ,your luv & your emotional needs.I don't know how u'll make him understand this.Try.All the best.

7. indianguy2010

Sorry, Peartrea ( I guess,you are a male , right ?), I have been misunderstood.

Even I am working in a team of three men and fourteen women. My department (medical dept) has the largest number of female employees when compared to any other working place or dept. I did not say that , just by working with a woman, a man starts making sexual advances to her.........nor did I say, a man always makes a move towards a woman, to her to bed.

(please read my post again, above )

The essence of what I said in my post was,............. upon the seeing signals of interest from a woman, in terms of broad and frequent smiles, unnecessary talking etc, (human courship is mainly body language, less by words), a man, usually gets the temptation ( a very powerful temptation, which very few men will be able to resist) to make counter-moves towards that woman. These counter moves, are talking in return, returning the smses, returning the smile etc.

I think, I failed to convey exactly what I intended to convey. Probably my own way of expression is the reason to blame.

Dear buddy peartree, I repeat, I never said, when women and men are working together, a man always does moves to take the woman to bed.

8. indianguy2010

Hello pshanti,

why don't you ask your husband to register himself in this website and post his replies ? This website, direly needs more men, especially learnt men like your hubby, for listening to views , opposite to the one, a comman man tends to believe it.

If he contributes his knowledge and experience here, every one will get benefited.

9. psd1955

psd1955 Senior IL'ite

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  10. svb

svb New IL'ite

Nothing wrong...it happens sometimes..
    But one question ... Is your intimacy with your DH fine...