IUI: Queries & suggestions!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, May 13, 2008.

1. KJShah

KJShah New IL'ite

Hey Indhu,
    I am in same boat as you. Mine is first IUI and I havent been through any other treatment before so I really dont know what it is like to wait for positive results every month. The ladies here have helped me to realize that I had to take charge of my treatment first hand and powered with information I was able to make good decisions about my treatment plans. I would just suggest that slow down on new house work. keep yourself busy with planning but dont go overboard with work. 2WW is the critical period. I started my IUI after a week of moving to new house and trust me- its all difficult to contain excitement of having perfect house ready ASAP but take a breather and do it only till the time before your HCG shot. After that grab protein rich food, sit in front of TV watch movies and read books listen to loads of music and I am sure you will give us good news SOON.

All the best girl!! We will do it soon too.

2. aneesbasha

aneesbasha Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    Im back from vacation with my first IUI result.
    Result is FAILED :(
    I was very careful during my travel & didn't do much travel also. Still my periods came on 18th July which 2 days in advance. My DH was very much worried and I find it difficult to convinence my DH.
    During this period, the flow was heavy compare to the previous cycle.
    My doc asked me to try next IUI after 2 mons. So I'll use this 2 mon to relax myself from TTC.

3. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

1. IUI is almost like natural conception. So no need to worry about the baby. I was first scared about the sperm wash. But that is only for picking up the healthy sperms. So no side effects.

2. When compared to IV/ICSI egg retrieval, IUI is not at all painful. It feels just like smear test.

3. The success rate is very less when compared to IVF/ICSI. It is not proper treatment for low morphology issues.

Hope it helps...

4. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

anees

Very sorry to hear about the negative result.dont lose hope. Recharge your mind and body in this interim 2 month period and take up the next IUI confidently. dont get dejected . everything will be fine soon.take care

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Anees,
    Sorry about the failed IUI. Hope you are feeling better. Hope your dh too feel better by now. Cool him. This is not the end. Stay positive. Focus on your health. Prepare yourself well mentally & physically. Hope you succeed before you go for the next IUI!
    Baby dust to you.

6. lalithaelango

lalithaelango New IL'ite

Help me please!!!

Hi,

I already told my story. and narrating it in shortly here. Married for 7 years and in TTC for 5 years. I have PCOS and my DH sperm count and everything is well.

I got treated in a hospital for last 1.5 year and done one IUI there. But they said that my uterus opening is tight so can't deposit sperm in to uterus.:bonk So as per your suggestions [​IMG] i changed my doctor and now in treatment with Dr.Mridubashini's hospital.

Since i had told my history there they said to do a scan to know uterus opening is tight or correct. Report came as Normal Canalisation.

And the 2nd IUI is done with the help of scan and my Dr. said the sperm is deposited inside the uterus and all is normal. IUI is done on Day 12 after giving HCG triger shot. On day 14th an Follicular study is done to know whether the egg is released and my gyne told me that egg is released and adviced to take progesterone tablets vaginally.

Today is day 32 and i got light cramping and dark brown coloured (unusual color) discharge but not heavy. I didn't made any Home pregnancy test. Now what i have to do. Usually i have 26-28 days cycle when i am in tablets. I am pregnant or not or whether it is aborting.

So much confused pls help me!!!

7. august2006

august2006 New IL'ite

Re: Help me please!!!

dear lalitha,
    do a pregnancy test in home tomorrow with early morning urine sample. you will come to know whether it is positive or negative. i pray god for you to get a BFP. if possible consult with your doctor today on phone or meet tomorrow. lots of babydust to you:thumbsup

8. lalithaelango

lalithaelango New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply. I fixed appointment with Doctor tomorrow. I cried a lot... and praying that it should not be menses. My brain knows nothing can do with crying but my heart aches for my baby.

May i know when will implantation bleeding will come.

9. august2006

august2006 New IL'ite

please do not cry. It will spoil your health. As u said your period is delayed by 5 days now there is possibility of pregnany. i think implantation bleeding will happen with in 6 to 12 days from ovulation. Not all woman will have implantation bleeding.

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Lalitha,
    Relax dear. Worrying won't help dear. Just stay positive. Wait until you meet your doc. I know its hard, but keep diverting your mind with other stuffs. Hope everything will go fine & you will see a clear positive!
    Not everyone see the implantation bleeding, only few does. May be week after ovulation you may experience it.
    Don't keep confusing yourself! Take care.
    Baby dust to you.