1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Wet grinders - need suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by RajiA, Sep 14, 2007.

1. RajiA

RajiA New IL'ite

Hi,

I am looking to buy stone wet grinders, preferably one that sits on the counter top. Would really appreciate suggestions on good brands and good online sites to buy from in the US.

Thanks tons!

2. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hi RajiA,

I use Ultra Pride wet grinder which is excellent.10 of our family members(cousins etc) r using the same and it is very good.We carried from India.There are many other brands for sale in most of our indian stores here.U can compare the prices in indian stores and onlne and also check if the service is available in case of repairs.The disadvantage when u buy online is,in case of repairs,u will have to spend shipping charges to send and get it repaired.If u are planning to buy in indian stores,make sure to clarify if they do the service for it in case of repairs during warranty period.
    Welcome to iNNo Concepts Inc. ULTRA wetgrinder, wet grinder, Sumeet Mixie, Tortilla chef, chefmaster chappathi maker, chefmaster Tawa,and Speciality Kitchen Appliances and Mallika Badrinath's cookbooks
    www.indiaplaaza.com

goodluck,
    vaishu

3. nvaree

nvaree New IL'ite

I use a Ultra Grinder Plus and also some of my friends using ultra grinders. It is a 2 liter table top grinder which is very good. I brought it from India.

4. RajiA

RajiA New IL'ite

Seems like getting it from India is the better way to do it, but my family lives in Delhi, and it is really hard to find good wet grinders there. :-( My parents

So my only option is to buy online (unless the local indian store sells it, I need to check on that). What do you guys do if the grinders need repairs? Do you take them to India or are there companies/shops here in US that can repair them?

5. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I didnot get any compliant with my grinder till now.But the base covering sheet behind the grinder is cracked in the transit from india to usa.And my grinder works fine.Usually people don't complain about the wetgrinders,probably they are more durable.They work fine.But i carry sumeet mixie to india if there are repairs.

goodluck,
    vaishu

6. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi _ i have the ultra grinder - small size that my parents brought for me more than 6 yrs ago - so far no problem (keeping my fingers crossed) - we had it packed very well and brought it as a piece of luggage. It is so worth buying!!!

7. nvaree

nvaree New IL'ite

Hi,

I don't have any compliant with my Ultra grinder plus till now and I have been using it for about 2 years (keeping my fingers crossed).

8. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi all,

like everyboby in this thread i also got the ultra pride which is very useful also one good thing is, it is very easy to clean also weighs light only. i actually got the grinder from india we got only 220 v b'cos there is lot of diff in the price between the 220 and 110 v . so purchased a convertor here which costed around 35 $. one of our friend also did the same thing. am not sure if u will get the convertor in your place,

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  9. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

RajiA
    Please goto the website of Innoconcepts. many of my friends have purchased from there. they carry all these grinders etc.