Kerala customs

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by priyahayton, Aug 3, 2010.

1. priyahayton

priyahayton New IL'ite

Dear Kerala frens,

Im a Malaysian-Malayalee. We, malayalee in Malaysia believe that malayalee hindus should not eat beef or pork. But many of my tamil friends from india told me that Malayalees do eat beef. Is this true? It is not against our religion? Can i say we malaysians are confused bout our customs? :rotfl

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

I am a malayalee(hindu) too. I dont know whether we are not supposed to eat or not. But my dad loves beef, he doesnt mind having pork too. I have many friends too who love beef so much.

3. priyahayton

priyahayton New IL'ite

hi thr,

hmm.. looks lk we can eat beef n pork!.. ive wasted 31 yrs - not eating those ..haha..thx

4. mysteriousgirl

mysteriousgirl New IL'ite

Actually i would tend to disagree....i think hindu's are not 'supposed' to eat beef. Beef = cow = Krishna's animal. So i vaguely remember saying we are not meant to have it. I am infact a veg myself, but my father eats chicken & mutton. But not beef nor pork. Although we are not supposed to, i think its only hindu's who really dont care and still eat them.

5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

This thread prompted me to search further about this in google. Found one site which is related to the subject.

6. priyahayton

priyahayton New IL'ite

hi thr,

went thru this site..really very informative! many thx!

7. nicolajoseph1

nicolajoseph1 New IL'ite

Kerala is wonderful land. It is also know as heaven of the earth. It is land of festival and water. One main kerala festival is Onam. Onam is one of the most popular festival of Kerala. Rich customs, traditions and glorious era are exhibited during the festival. The festive spirit of the Grand Hotel which attracts travelers from all over the world. Onam begins the first day Athame and continues for ten days before the last day called Thiru Onam.