1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning bathroom floor

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by lalithaelango, Jul 30, 2010.

1. lalithaelango

lalithaelango New IL'ite

Hi,

We are in rented home. In our house the bathroom flooring is done with marble. :rant(White marble). whenever i clean the bathroom i used to scold the engineer and the owner and me :bonkfor choosing the home. Some of them are saying that according to vast marble should not be in bathroom. Planned to shifted the house for last 2 years but in vain.

Is there is anyway to clean marble. If i clean with acid or some it making roughness in the floor which leads to forming further stains easily.

2. sonaparmar84

sonaparmar84 New IL'ite

hi lalitha ,u can use chlorine agent cleaner(Some kind of spray) to cleaning the bathroom flour

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Another helpful cleaning product is the Oxy powder which you dissolve in hot water. It won't do everything but it is very helpful for getting rid of odors and also for getting rid of stains. If you have that rough dark build up you will need something else to polish that off. Put the solution on the floor and leave for several hours.

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Dont use anything which is acidic or a scouring agent with marble floors. Bleaching powder left overnight usually does the trick for us. The other thing that works for me is to use 3 parts baking soda to one part water and using the paste to clean either with a plastic broom.
    But truly marble is a baaad idea in India given that most of the water has a high percentage of TDS.

5. tashidelek2002

6. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hello,

I am in Chennai and I do have the staining problem with my bath room floors, which has tiles flooring. any Idea how to remove these stains? It forms as white coating on the tiles, i believe it is due to the hard water here..

7. sonaparmar84

sonaparmar84 New IL'ite

Hi, u can also use chlorine agent or spray ,just spray the liquid & leavt it for 15-20 min, after that rub the floor with mild scrubber or with the help of soft scrubber or use baking soda with same process.

8. hamsadhvani

hamsadhvani Junior IL'ite

Hi
    Use some creme cleanser like jif. It is very good. It cleans and scrubs aswell but doesn't strain your floor.

9. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Tina, it is total dissolved solids. Total dissolved solids - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    We have a reverse osmosis unit for our drinking/cooking water, not wanting to buy packaged water. The guy who came to install it measure the TDS content with some meter in his hand, which indicated Calcium and other salts. In our area, Iron and Manganese content is equally high apart from surface run off.

10. tashidelek2002

Tikka:
    the old view here was that minerals in well water (note I am saying private wells) was good for health. The advent of public water systems and filtered water is looked at askance by old time purists here. In my area we have naturally occurring springs and folks will put a pipe near the road edge so that folks can take free spring water due to the improved taste and health benefits. Now I have also had the public water in New Delhi which you can cut with a knife.....reverse osmosis is a good idea there also.