Story of My Fairy's arrival

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by deepd, Jul 31, 2010.

1. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Dear All,

My fairy princess stepped in to our livs on 12th July at 1pm. The feelings, emotions and experience of seeing, touching, kissing and holding her for the first time are memorable and i recall this beautiful feeling each day because i dont want to forget that lovely feeling.

With so much happiness, pain(physical ofcourse!!), responsibility and joy of new found motherhood i didnt find any time to share my birth story. So today when my fairy is enjoying her deep sleep, i thought of sharing this life time experience with all of you.

So here it goes.......

I went for my routine checkup on 6th July. My doc did an internal and said that am very far from labour. and she will wait for one more week if nothing happens she ll do a CS. I told this to my mom and she got very upset hearing about CS.:hide:. So then she started lubricating me by giving me more and more ghee and stuff:bonk which i was not able to digest easily. days passed and nothing happened. My mom was getting impatient:spin.
    So at last I discovered some spotting when i got up at 7 on 10th July. after coming out from washroom i declared that i need to rush to the hospital. My mom got a relief. so hurriedly i packed my bag and went to the hospital. My Doc did an internal again and said thet bleeding is coz of internal check up that she did on 6th and am not dialated yet and sent me back home telling that i need to come only when some pain starts or my water bag breaks.

During night i started feeling some cramps in my lower abdomen. pain was very mild and was like that i used to get in periods. bleeding was still there.I thought that it may be false labour.
    The pain persisted next day too. But it was very much managable. so i did all routine things , ate well slept etc. By afternoon the pain became a little more intense. but i was not sure whether i should go to hospital or not. my Dh however did the basic preprations for going to hospital. he even contacted hospital emergency to enquire about doctors availability in the night.
    The pain was still there i found that it was a bit periodic with a gap of 7 to 10 mins. My mom and Dh asked me to go to hospital in the evening but i told tham that its not that severe to be a labour pain. I had dinner and went for sleep at 10pm.because of contractions i was not able to sleep. I slept when contraction subsided and woke up again with the next one.in between I kept on visiting the loo. I passed motion many times during that night. perhaps my body was getting prepared for delivery. Finally at 3am (on 12th morning) I told my Dh that we will go to hospital at 6 am. so now I had 3 more hours to pass. pain was a bit intense. it was starting from my back .
    I passed time till 5am by sleeping a bit and watching the clock. finally at 5 am my DH woke up my mom and asked me to get ready. my mother gave me some tea and almonds. which I some how managed to eat.
    We reached hospital at 6.30am. they asked me if need a wheel chair to which i refused.

duty doctor did an internal and told that i was 2cm dialated. She asked me to get admitted. My Gyn advised them to put me on Pitocin through IV. After that pain was just unmanagable. the good thing was that my Mom and DH were there in the room to support me. in between contractions i was feeling very thristy so they kept giving me water in bottle cap:crazy
    finally my gyn came at 9.30 checked me and told that I am progressing fast at that time i was 4cm. pain as getting unbearable. they were monitoring fetal heart rate so i was not able to change sides and it was very difficult to lie down straight:spin. she gave me some pain releif medicine but that made me drowsy. so in between contractions I was feeling very sleepy
    at around 11 she checked me again and guess what i was 8cm. she asked me to push if i feel pressure. that part was difficult. I need to curve my legs while pushing but i was getting leg cramps. My Dh gave me leg massage but that bad cramp was not going.
    some how Ii managed to push my Dh and Mom were encouraging me. My Dh told me that hes able to see the head. I was not beleiving him coz I was thinking it would take time.
    So finally at around 12.45 they took me to delivery room.and at 1pm my angel arrived. Doc put her on my tummy that very first sight of me angel was very adorable. my Dh was by my side. I got 6 stitches. after half an hour I was out of delivery room. they took my fairy to do some initial tests and all. I was feeling hungry and tired. I forgot every pain Ii went through when I held her in my arms for the first time. It was a strange feeling which cant be explained in words.

So overall it was a life time experience. which changed me to a responsible and caring mother from a careless and free girl.

I think I ve written too much.... my princess is coming out of her dreamland slowly so I ll stop now.....

Sorry for the typos.. no time to check:bonk

2. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations to you and the little one..........
    God bless her with abundant good health !!
    BTW, what have you named your "FAIRY" ???

3. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Hi Deepd,

Congratulations first of all!

I really enjoyed reading your post.

I wish you a very happy motherhood :thumbsup

4. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Thanks Sudha,
    i am still un decided on her name. her nani and dadi have chosen two different names for her.... so a difficult task to choose one of them :)

Thanks for your wishes Aruna.

5. trulypriyaz

trulypriyaz Junior IL'ite

Congratulations on your motherhood. Share more of your experiences. My kisses to your fairy.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi Deep

Congratulations on becoming a proud mother of a princess fairy.

Good Luck to your DD.

BW
    Shanti

7. nimmimoorthy

nimmimoorthy Platinum IL'ite

Hi deepa,

Enjoyed your whole write up.
    Congrats on your motherhood.

8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations on the arrival of your Pink Bundle of joy!

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Deepa. :)
    Hope you & your LO are doign great now!
    Enjoy motherhood!

10. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

:welcome to your fairy.congrats.