1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I wanted to become a Graduate

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 29, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

From childhood I was very fond of learning everything. When we were young our uncle used to teach a lot of things. Since my Dad lost his hotel we could not continue our studies for one year. Then later one aunty helped us to get admission in a Convent School without fees. We continued our studies. Luckily when I was in 7th Standard I got a good Gujrati friend with whom I used to go to School in her car and we used to study together. She used to help me a lot. Upto X Std we were together and I completed my X Std.

Those days girls were given education only upto X Std. My Hindi teacher used to tell me you can get scholarship in College. But my dad said that if you become a Graduate then I have to get a match for you who has studied higher than that which wont be possible for me. So I could not study further.

Now seeing all the facilities we have I think of my father who had to struggle a lot because those days he was the only earning member and he had to take care of all of us. He used to fulfill all my wishes and never used to tell me any of his worries. It was so sad that when I was 18 years old only he died because of cancer. I was happy that I could look after him nicely when he was suffering from cancer. With his blessings only I am leading a happy life now.

2. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Vijima:

That was a nice post of yours. I am also a strong believer that if we take care of our parents and in-laws well and abstain from hurting them, we will be blessed with a peaceful life rest of our lifetime!! When we are good at heart, God always sent good ppl to help us in trouble. Your posts always restores the confidence to choose the right path!!

Regards,
    Janani Natarajan

3. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Mami,

I agree, If we take care of our parents and in-laws well, we will be having a great peace and as janani mentioned we will be blessed too.

Now too you are more than a graduate in many things mami.:cheers

4. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Vijima,

You love to recollect your childhood.

So what if you din't graduate? Its just a piece of paper.

As said by Raba, you are more than a graduate in many ways.

Love,
    A

5. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma, with your abilities, I am sure even now you can just appear for a graduate course and complete successfully !!

6. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Viji aunty,

You are very cool. Btw, have you considered doing graduation through long-distance courses like IGNOU. Never too late you know.

Education is for life and lifelong.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Janani

Thanks for your first fb and appreciation. Ya true God always send good people to help us when in trouble

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raba

Thanks for your appreciation . True we will be blessed by our parents if we take care of them

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna

Glad to see you after a long time. How are you. Thanks for your appreciation

love
    viji

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha

Thanks for your encouragement

love
    viji