1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Oh dear Sindhu - that must be such a worry for you. Do you have sibs in India? I hope she's ok soon. The lib thing sounds fantastic! I can see why P loves it - I would have too!

Pon - whenever you have time can you give me the exact ragi balls recipe please? I would love to try. There's some terrible respiratiry infection going around (? H1N1)- it seems to take a few days for the kids to recover so be prepared. I've been seeing lots of children children this last week with bad noses/throats and wheezing and my pedi friend in Chennai says its been that way there for 2 weeks now.

V.

2. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

V, I do want to visit my paed, may be i'll make it tomo, day time. She visits other hospital, less crowd. This respiratory bug scares me all the time :( I can see thick booger in his nose, i am just giving him 0.3ml T.minic. At this mucus stage, paed usually starts salmucolite, after 3-4days, if no improvement, suggests Azithral. Should i start salmucolite or visit my paed?

Ragi balls: 1cup flour ( i have home made sprouted powdered flour, it enhances the taste), 1/2tsp salt, 1/4 cup butter (MW for 2-3mins to make it soft), small onions finely chopped - 1cup, assorted nuts/raisins 1tsp. Mix flour, salt, mix well, add butter, mix again, add water/milk (if its for lunch box, i dont add milk) little by little, make a non-sticky dough, if that dough is too pasty and sticks, add little flour to adjust. Now add chopped onions and nuts, knead again. Set aside for 5mins. Grease your hands with butter/oil, make balls and steam in idli pan, done :)) If you want more spice, fry and mince - onions+green chillies+coriander leaves+curry leaves+1garlic clove and mix it with the dough at the end. It gives a nice aroma and flavour :)
    Variations: 1) Kolukattais- No onions in the dough, make the cup shaped outer, use onions+finely chopped veggies or whatever poriyal you have as filling. 2) To the same dough, you can add cooked mashed potatos/veggies and make balls. 3) Pancakes - Same dough, add minced veggies, 1tbsp curd or 1tbsp idli batter, make pancakes with oil/ghee and cook covered. Tastes awesome :) We are all ragi lovers :)

Amitha, hugs girl, i have been there too this Jan/Feb, rant often, keep yourself busy :)
    Latha, Come back fresh :)
    Sindhu, same Q, your sibs in India? Talk/text to her often. May be send a hand written letter too. I'll keep her in my prayers. Lib trip sounds wonderful :)
    YesBee, Belated Bday wishes to LO :) You are Bhavani right? Sorry for the memory loss:biglaugh how is your LO now? Dont feel bad girl :)
    Nitha, whats chinnu's latest?
    CC, the camping idea sounds fun and interesting :)) No ideas :)
    Uma, happy packing.
    AD, done, i have startd a new mailer on the meetup. See, all things are falling in place for you girl :) Am happy for you :))

Girls, i was writing about a cousin here, he is doing well these days. Better than what he was at the past. This weekend one session is due for his parents, lol. Hope they dont throw bricks at us:rotfl Thankyou girls, for the suggestions on being safe with such familial issues, we are recording some of the sessions with their acceptance. We have also told his parents, we can do only what we think thats best at this moment. We could go wrong too, we too are human. We are not responsible for any blame games.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

girls,

i've a bad back-log everywhere:( (is that the correct word btw?). so please please sorry if i missed out anyone, any news.. this is unintentional. i can see this time my PMS is making me amnesiac:((( but atleast better than howling and picking up fights:) looks like primrose oil is working.

Sindhu,

be brave. she'll be fine. how did she fall down? this is the main disadvantage of staying away from parents, not just abroad, but anywhere out of quick reach:( for appa don't know when the laser is scheduled. have to call. but my brother will be there to take care. so that takes half the burden off my chest.

at A's school too they've monthly once or twice visit to the local library. there's one volunteer who comes to read english books for them. and the children love it. as you say it's before the library is open to public so they get this special feeling. but for them the library is just walking distance:)

Ah Pon that's a huge relief. glad it went well. take care of the kids. i hate these flu seasons:( there's a ragi chapathi recipe in mallika badrinath's. i'll try that and let you know (i mean whenever i try it hee hee)

CC,

when we went to Norway we had planned it to be a camping thing. hotels are exorbitant there and are non-existent in all those picturesque spots. but we took too small a tent so stayed in built-in cabins at the camping site itself. and it had a well equipped cooking area:) you'll need to carry dish washing liquid, towel... pretty much everything for basic needs.

V, i've seen DK series here. will check at the english book store else order on amazon.

ah time to clean up. i made what looked like a simple lasagne but it took forever:(((( now i'm too tired to even eat. see you all tomorrow...

4. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Girls, I got my couple's soul book that I ordered. I have just read 2pages, and awesome :) I feel like falling back in love with DH ;)) I have gotten it at the right time :) Would tell you girls more, as and when i read :) Hope i dont get into fights this time.

5. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Latha, wish your dad 'get well soon'! with laser treatment, he will be all fine. Good that your bro is very much around parents.

Sindhu, dear hugs to you. be brave now.. do you have sibls near your parents? hope so.. oh fracture in such delicate areas is difficult to bare the pain..

Nitha, you know what.. abt ILs, what you said is right.. I should not take their appreciations to heart.. I am enjoying it for now.. as long as it lasts.. my MIL recommended that they stay back if they get admissions in popular school.. co-sis was only thinking abt it and my MIL highly recommened one school and they got admissions.. once they got admissions, there was no looking back, but by that time, my MIL got reluctant thinking of what all is in store for them! my DH recently told MIL directly that 'amma, you called for this trouble, so now you have to face it!'.. also BIL is anyways going back abroad leaving his wife + 2 kids here.. he will try to visit them every year during holidays.. co-sis is married for 11 yrs and she is famous for creating scene, racket unexpectedly, blaming MIL, etc.. and you know my MIL.. she was very mean to me when I never uttered a word.. my co-sis is a big mouth, she deals everything directly on the face.. so without any support for MIL at home, she will have huge trouble because she has to deal with co-sis and her ways day in and day out.. one sad thing is - co-sis saw me clearing my stuff from that house to give her space for her stuff.. she never ever asked me where are you taking all the stuff to?, how will you manage your/ DHs and DS stuff.. nothing, she asked me for more space only. in that house, just to clear some space, I started bringing things to my moms house and now only little of DHs stuff is there.. DH felt very bad. also she asked me about morning cooking.. she has never packed lunch for kids when they lived abroad.. I gave her some ideas and before I could offer to cook for her DD when I do for me and DH.. she was insisting on ingrdients/ measurements only for DD.. making it obvious that she is cooking only for DD.. she thought automatically we will move out. thats when I realised we really have to move out of there. DH visits them more often than I do now (because his bro is there and leaving in 10 more days).. news now is my MIL herself is suggesting rental houses around her house.. my DH said no and told me, lets not live too nearby.. I really dont know why DH feels that way. i feel DH is being mean sometimes (I told him that), but he knows them enough n more than me to decide how to deal with them. now new problem is my mom is not letting me look out for houses! uuufffffff! it is as if just when we are about to fly, she is holding on to my tail.. mummy pls! sorry for the long long rants..

tell me one thing - whats your opinion of staying @ your parents place with your DH and kid?? yes, we all like staying with parents.. visiting them is fine even if it if for 1 or 2 months.. but is it a good idea to accept invitation and live with them for 1 yr?? I am thinking NO.. what do you feel?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  6. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Thanks I needed that reminder. The talk ladies turned out like this: I return home at 7 pm from the library, DS who was very sleepy but resisting sleep because I was not there starts crying on seeing me and clings totally. After he went to bed at 11 pm, I put away a lot of stuff. Because I got a bit wet in the rain over the weekend, my fever, cough, cold returned and DS was even more clingy.
    DH saw me miserable and the next morning before I woke up, everything in the house was put away, but DH had had already a lot to do by the time he dropped K in school and came back home to make me some food. Without me telling him a thing, he apologised. Yesterday, K and I and DH put away all the stuff and went to bed in a neat house. All of us woke up cheerfully this morning.
    It turns out, he thought I was being harsh with K when he is very clingy and missing us. We dont believe that children can manipulate, but K was clearly taking advantage of all the attention he was getting and not sticking to his routine. Do moms tend to be a little less vulnerable to emotional blackmail ;-)
    I know I have no right to complain given how accommodating and an equal domestic partner R is, but there are times when I wish he would not argue and just trust that I am doing the best thing by K. Rant/confession over :-D I will be back with more later, gotta go clean up the house.

7. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Latha, Need a help...Can you suggest some easy and simple cake recipe to bake and take it home as everyone wanted my CAKE...Last time I baked Carrot cake and cookies and sent when my mom returned to India...Since it was a big hit, this time my siblings wanted some cake....Pls. help.,Baking Queen...Thanks...
    Busy the whole day,yet to do lots of things:drowning:spinmy girl was sick couple of days and was super clingy...so tiring....will be back...c u all...bye

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi girls

just dropped in to say, take care of your little ones. the flu or whatever is going around is very severe and i see lots and lots of wheezing patients around me..1st time wheezers too..and also pains due to the difficulty in breathing..

have not yet come out of it. it really keeps me awake in the middle of the night with sever coughs and breathlessness. DS also has the same..

not to scare any of you..just be more vigilant and don't do otc or drugs already at home..

9. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Oh Shanthi, is it that coz of the H1N1 virus going around? i am so scared now... Shibu is having a bad cold, and I could hear some sound when she is breathing in the sleep...

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

vidyaa,

don't know yaar. better take her to your pedi..before the cold becomes worse. no harm in being careful.

there is no official statement that it is h1n1. I find it so tiring..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.