1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

2010-2011 H1b sponsors list

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by Dtsfe306, Feb 1, 2010.

1. satmini

satmini New IL'ite

Hi Prasanna,

Thanks for taking some time out to answer my question. I really appreciate your interest in helping out.

I am not planning to apply H1b from India. I just came to India to visit my parents. Meanwhile I was thinking if I can do some course to land in a job there.
    I live in Massachusetts and will be back there.

So far I was looking for good offers and got calls from few companies via Monster search(not consultancies), but as you would know they were not willing to sponsor. Since you were doing training in consulting companies, I wanted to check with you if they promised to market your resume and find offers on completion. Your response really helped. I wanted to take up training, purely for improving chances to get H1B and placement assistance :) I understand that the option you have mentioned will be of less risk and also help us stay in touch with the consultancy ppl.

In forum most of them have mentioned that by August companies will start processing. Any luck for you?

2. dprtma

dprtma New IL'ite

Hi Prasanna,
    am a newbie to this forum...was looking thro ur replies...wud u mind telling me where you are doing ur course?

Thanks!

3. royal17

royal17 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

How are you all doing?
    Any luck with H1B?
    Even I tried with so many consultancies but no one is ready to file.
    I already wasted 1yr in this process..
    So now I have decided to do MBA/MS..
    The advantages are we can get a degree + CPT/OPT + since we wil work in OPT consulting companies can easily file for h1b

@sprasanna: Long time back u mentioned abt ITU, I tried calling/mailing them but there is no response..Can you please share the contact details if u have any..

@everybody: I am unable to decide whether to do MBA/MS in this job market.
    Obviously MBA is best if we do in top universities, AACSB accredited ones..
    But I got admission in ok university and non-AACSB accredited one..
    Also I am not sure of the placements in future for MBA..
    Whereas, for MS , since there r many consulting companies, IT jobs
    we can get easily placed..
    Since I got scholarship for mba the cost to do mba/MS is same..

Can you please share ur ideas/suggestions on which option is best..

Thanks,
    Royal17

4. ayushi1

ayushi1 New IL'ite

hi

In this market condition no one is ready to file my h1..i tired so much..i contacted so many consultant but no one is ready to file h1.MaanSystem is ready to file my h1 this year.I talked with jaty and she told me 4470$ for h1 sponsorship..i dnt know abt maansystem.can i go with maansystem? Has anyone applied through maansystem?

last year i lost my money for h1-b sponsorship..this time i don't want to be same case this year.

-Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010
  5. erneha25s

erneha25s New IL'ite

Hi ,
    Just go ahead and check reviews of Maansystems on myvisajobs.com and immihelp.com.. If there you se good reputation like comapny rank, how many visa sponser in last few years then you go ahead and talk to them and i advice to personally go and look at the office..

Thanks,
    Neha

6. ayushi1

ayushi1 New IL'ite

Hi Neha

thanks 4 advice.they people r ready 2 h1 sponsorship.but u know client letter is necessary 2 apply h1.they people r nt talking abt client letter.i m worry that my h1 wil be denied bcoz i dnt hv client letter.i dnt know what 2 do.i dnt hv trust on them.

so i think like i wil search job myself in aug-sep and contact 2 any consultant 4 h1 sponsorship.u know i started searching job too but no one is ready 2 give job bcoz i m on h4.company likes my resume but they dont sponsor me anymore.i hv 4+ years of experience in PLSQL development.i completed OCP in PLSQL developer too. sometimes i m frustrated.

hope 4 gd time 2 get job.
    All d best ladies.
    -Ayushi

7. erneha25s

erneha25s New IL'ite

Hi ayushi1,

Same is my case i have 1.5 year of experience as an Oracle DBA..I tried to get a job but nobody is ready to file H1..I contacted so many consultants but no luck just there is 1 consult ecom consulting inc who is ready to file H1b ..process is :

They will market my resume showing US experience and showing me as there employee and once i'll get the job they will file my h1b with my own expense which is $4500 which is very high...

But before they want me to sign an agreement of 1 year which states that i am authorized to work in US which i am not...I am scared of signing anything i dont know what to do....

Seriously it's very very bad time for all h4's i feel i am on Waste visa here..:-((..

8. ayushi1

ayushi1 New IL'ite

Hi erneha25s

same here.Two consultants are ready 2 market my resume in aug-sep.
    really consultants are making money from us very badly.
    without US experience no one is ready 2 give job here.
    my husband is also in IT field.he circulates my resume to all his friend, relatives, even in his company too. but u know no one is ready to give sponsorship.so finding direct job i mean without contacting any consultant its too tough.

we cant trust on any consultant.last year i lost my 4000$ money wt consultant.they took my money but didnt apply my h1.so be carefully 4 such kind of consultant.my suggestion is dnt sign any agreement.

u say ur consultant 2 sign one agreement frm ur side like 'if i wil be in trouble due 2 this kind of agreement then u r only responsible.'
    bcoz u know company wil also inquire abt ur past job if u did job in US.nw time is 2 tough.

i m bored in US.i dnt like US nw.when i came here i liked US so much..but nw i dont like anything. i hate my h4 status.

Hope for gd time.All D best!
    -Ayushi

9. erneha25s

erneha25s New IL'ite

Hi Ayushi1,

Appreciate your help..But i don't have any option for H4 to H1 conversion seems..nobody is ready to file my h1 except this consulting company... so very confused..seeing some ray of hope from them..but I'll definitely make sure that I'll not give money untill i get my h1 and then they can cut my first or second salary..If they agrees hopefully..then only I'll proceed... I am scared of putting my US exp in resume but no other way..what to do..please tell me??

They are asking me to give references for any further questions....so is it good to give not sure..
    Please advice me ..very very confused....i seriously need a job ..but not getting any path to do..

Thanks ,
    Neha

10. ayushi1

ayushi1 New IL'ite

Hi ragini72

have u apply h1 through maansystem.they r ready 2 file my h1.they reduced fees from 4500$ to 2970$.they called me yesterday.but i dnt hv trust on them.i dnt know what 2 do?share ur experience.

thanks.
    -ayushi