I'm pregnant!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sanravi_1970, Sep 26, 2007.

1. mrs

mrs Bronze IL'ite

Re: Pregnant again!!!!

Dear anitha,

I am deeply sorry if my words have hurt your feelings. I think I mistook the question as "suggestions" for the situation you are undergoing rather than the suggestion for the procedure. The whole confusion started there. Moreover I didnt know any of your past medical history (premature delivery).Sorry dear, for adding on to your stress.

Regarding the procedure,you will wake up shortly after the procedure,it will not take long.Rosary has given you most of the replies,you will be advised to have liquids initially as you might feel nauseous as this is done under GA.

Once again I truly apologize for unintentionally hurting your feelings.

Love,
    Mrs.

2. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Anitha

WOW that would have being a bummer, neways , you had a section , premie baby , taking you health condition its a good decision you made.

no problems with producer , you dnt feel a thing... maybe heavy bleeding afterwards for couple of days, but you should be fine.

I just got Copper T put in fearing the same thing, as much as i Love my son to death.... I defo would not want to repeat this pregnancy thing again.

I did not have surgical , but had medical they gave me a pill and had heave period for couple of days, you going to have cramps and some weakness due to heavy flow , you have to use those maternity pads.

All the Best!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  3. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Anitha,
    Don't worry! The procedure is very simple. One of my friends had the same situation and opted for the surgical one. My friend was so scared and requested me to be with her in the same room:-(. She was feeling so drowsy. She did not know anything. After 15-20 minutes, the nurse told that I can take her home. My friend was in subconscious stage when I took her home. She came back to normal within two hours. I remember the doctor prescribed some pain killers for a week.

Take care!

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Anita, how did it go? I hope you are recovering well. You have done what you thought is right, given the circumstances. I understand that it is not easy to undergo this surgery. I hope all went well. Take plenty of rest for the next few days. Also avoid spicy food.

5. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Anitha,

I am assuming you will be undergoing D&C procedure to abort the fetus. I have undergone D&C when I had to terminate my pregnancy for medical reasons...
    D&C is done under general anesthesia. I was told not to eat anything after midnight. Just clear liquids till the procedure..No milk, coffee etc...Just water and gingerale.. I went to the hospital 2 hrs before the procedure. They had me fill out the paper work, change clothes, check temeprature etc...They gave me anesthesia and wheeled me into the surgery room..After that I was knocked out. Nurse said the procedure was only for 10 mins. I think I gained conscience after 1 hour..But they make sure that you are able to get up and go to the restroom and walk...They gave some gingerale to drink and I was allowed to go home..I think I came home after 2-3 hrs of surgery...

You will have bleeding for the next couple of days..So relax and don't do much work at home...Take your multi vitamins regularly to gain back strength...

God Bless!

6. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

No, mine is not D & C.
    Its just forcing period thats all.. its just 5min job seems.. So I think what you did is different from mine.

6-12w procedure is different from >12w gestation I think..

Tej, Rahki, Peartree - Thanks for replies. I know it will be a tough decision but I hope I can concentrate more on my premmie now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2010
  7. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Anitha, I know your case for so many months.. from when you were pregnant with R.. dont worry. with the given situation, you have thought well and taken a decision.. dont let negetive vibes hit you.. especially when it is already a difficult decision for you. just go ahead with your decision and be happy that you will take great care of R for couple of years and then maybe you will want more children, have them and be a great mom. remember R needs you now more than the unborn child.. also the procedure you are saying - forced periods will be a simple one, except that you will have bleeding for 2 or 3 days and you will need ample rest.. so be prepared to eat well and sleep long hours :) ask DH and DS not to disturb mommy dearest!

8. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Anitha,
    Take good care and rest after the procedure.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  9. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Anitha, hope you have an easy procedure and a quick recovery. Hugs. I am sure you will bounce back quickly. Try and focus on the positive right now. I am sure you will find people who do not agree with the decisions you make for your life ALL.THE.TIME. I am sure you have your husband's support and that should be the only thing that counts for now. Keep away from this thread for a while, most of those who are here to support you have PM and try to reach them if you ever feel like talking or just getting things off your chest.

Though this is not the thread for it, I just want to give the women who are TTC-ing a huge big hug. There is nothing I want now than to complete my family and have my second child. The universe has a different plan for me. Let's keep things positive, for our own sake.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anitha,
    Don't get yourself worked up over the controversial posts. You have a right to choose and that is stated by the LAW. Nobody has any right to take away your choice or make you feel low for your choice. I've handled a preemie and I know I could not have done something similar in 8 months time. It's 8yrs and I'm still paranoid about it happening again, so I can understand your decision.

Take care of yourself.

Hugs,
    Laks