1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Help Needed!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sug, Jul 28, 2010.

1. sug

sug New IL'ite

Hi,
    i have been reading the post for the past one month and found it to be very useful and ppl over here very helpful to everyone.Hope i do find solution to my confusion.
    Am 22 weeks pregnant now and i ll be delivering a baby in December 2010. We have planned to go to india in the last week of January. Am not sure if i can take a one month old baby in flight. am planning to go to my sisters marriage which is on feb first week. will there be any problem in carrying 1 month old baby??? if so wat ll be d problem....i heard the baby may suffer from ear problem wen the flight takes off...will it end up in permanent problem like child becoming deaf???? am so scared of it.....can u please help me and give me suggestions....Tell me wen ll be the right time to travel....
    Thanks in advance for ur replies...
    Regards,
    Sug

2. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Don;t worry.

I travelled with 45 days old baby...
    Flight take off and landing time babies will cry due to pain.

Cover the ears and feed the baby.
    I did the BF during take off and landing.... NO PROBS AT ALL...

This advice was given by a elderly staff of flight.

3. hmpg

hmpg New IL'ite

You can consult and take the advice of your doctor and also an advice from airlines which you are planning to travel.

4. Nov09baby

Nov09baby Senior IL'ite

I would advise you to talk to a doctor. It all depends on the baby. Generally you can travel with a month old baby. The only things you have to consider is vaccination schedule, feeding the baby during takeoff and landing ( its due the air pressure that babies cry ) so its better to feed them. I suggest you to get atleast 1 set of vaccinations before you travel. At such young age baby will be sleepy most of the time so you shld be request for a bassinet.
    If you are travelling alone, it will be tuf. as you will need rest after delivery too. If the baby is not used to feeding with a bottle by then , you will need to breastfeed at regular intervals.
    So take these things into consideration and plan.