1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Scanty hair -11 months old

Discussion in 'Infants' started by VidyaaJ, Jul 27, 2010.

1. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Girls,
    DD is having scanty hair right from the beginning.. It was better at 7 months (just better, I have seen babies have that much hair, even at the birth).. then we had her first tonsure, we thought after tonsure it would grow better and wished that to happen before her 1st bday.. but now at her 11th month, I see her having scanty hair, scalp is completely seen.. Her dad is very upset of this.. and wanted to ask to her pedi..

Is it something deficient in her food.. ?Should I talk to her pedi abt this? Are there any tips?

Any light on this is appreciated...

Vidyaa

2. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Vidyaa, When i enquired my kotakkal arya vaidhya sala physician for DD (I found one grey hair, yes:hide:), he said, there are oils available at their pharmacy, which would avoid further early greying. Also he said, they enhance hair growth too. I havent tried them yet. All malayalee friends, peep in here.

3. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Pon, even I see one grey hair in DD's head now.. :((( I am so worried abt that already... but read somewhere that it is ok if there are one or two grey hairs...

4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Vidyaa, Manu also has scanty hair. From birth i cant even say if it has grown or not. Make it easier to wash her hair, but I'm worried too.

I thout after tonsure it will grow well.. but no?? :bonk

I asked my paati and she asked to try Castor oil+coconut oil mixed.But don't apply much.

5. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

My cousin's kid (girl) had scanty hair and it grew well only after 1.5 yrs. I do not think there is anything to worry much ...it happens late in some kids.

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

i am joining the gang here... but i am not worried much vidya, my sis had scanty hair, but as a toddler it was pretty good...
    there are so many things in my plate right now, i didnt even get time to think about her hair,LOL

7. akshu02

akshu02 Senior IL'ite

I am also part of this. DD had lots of hair when she was born, but gradually lost most of it. Elders at home irritate me saying she might just have less hair only..Or giving ideas to grow hair..As sumanr says, I think it would gradually grow well. Like poonam said, i have lots more to worry about now :-(

8. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Poonam, I saw Z pic in FB, and I would say her hair is very good compared to S. I would be so happy if Shibu has that much... Her hair growth is tooooo less Pooh... :((( I will post her latest pics and you can see that...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

You ladies need to stop worrying about this....hair growth in babies differs with each baby. I was bald until 18 months and then had heavy hair growth all my adult life. It will grow in when it grows in and all the worry and oils in the world will make little or no difference. Tape a bow on the head and be done with it until it grows in. All will be fine.

10. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

Laya had lots of hair when she was born. She lost lots of hair and if you remember I had put a thread here concerned. Now hair has grown in those areas where she had lost, but still I think she now has less hair compared to her early months. To top it all, we gave her a haircut on her paed's recommendation and everyone is upset with me now because now she looks baldier than earlier. Huh!