1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

black hands

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Sudhasanjeev, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Sudhasanjeev

Sudhasanjeev Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    my face has fair colour but my hands looks black more nowadays ,plz advice some home tips which i can make fair, looking forward for ur tips.

thanks
    sudha

2. naazneen

naazneen Junior IL'ite

Dress them up with gold ornaments! (Really I have always found gold to look much better on dark skin than light) :) ~ Naazneen

3. swapna15

swapna15 Senior IL'ite

Dear Sudha,

I have recently heard that one should apply sunscreen lotion while you are cooking as well to prevent tanning of the skin..I dont know how much truth in this..but u can try..

regards
    Swapna

4. Sudhasanjeev

Sudhasanjeev Senior IL'ite

Hello swapna,
    is that true.... i will try then,:thankyou2:

cheers,
    sudha

5. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

try to proctect or cover ur hands which are exposed to environmental hazards either by wearing full long sleeves or sunscreens . u might also need to apply some night creams bcz if hands r dry they might look dark .
    heat,ultravoilet rays frm tubelight ,tv computer and sunlight r also reasons for skin tannings:)

6. swey2006

swey2006 New IL'ite

hi,
    u can also apply cucumber paste+tomatojuice or lemon juice for 15 min and wash it.do it regularly.

7. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

Hands often get black due to constant exposure with water and other household activities.Here is the solution:
    1.u can go for a manicure once a week.
    2.If you don't want to go to beauty parlour,use following procedure for manicure at home:
    take some warm water(neither too hot nor too warm,consistency shuld be bearable by hands),put some bleach powder(activator)alongwith sum hydrogen peroxide(available at general stores or chemists),put some gentle shampoo(Baby shampoo,don't use strong shampoo).Mix them well and dip your hands in it for sum time.Take an old toothbrush and rub your nails and hands with it.You will see the difference.
    3.use gloves in kitchen or wash hands properly with a good soap after kitchen work and massage it with olive oil or mustard oil or sunscreen lotion or a good hand cream.
    Try it and you will see results in a week.

8. Kelly

Kelly New IL'ite

Hi All

I just want to give a bit of advice, if you are constantly driving, this is one way that your hands are exposed to the sunlight which causes you skin to change colour. So make sure that when you are driving wear some nice gloves - maybe thin cotton gloves (Even in the summer time) it may look funny or get hot, but it can stop your from getting dark hands.

If you think about it when your hands are placed on the steering wheel of the car, your hands are exposed to the sun, so this is how you can get dark coloured hands. If you are driving to work, or to drop your children off to school that small amount of time, 5 days a week adds up to getting a bit darker.

Beauty is not based on your skin colour. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

9. kss_v

kss_v New IL'ite

Thanks Navpreet for ur home manicure,
    Is bleach powder good for you skin? if so, how much to use?

thanks,
    kssv

10. cheenu

cheenu New IL'ite

Great Suggestion Navpreet.....thanks:)