1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

egg for hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by goka, Jul 22, 2010.

1. goka

goka New IL'ite

hi,

can i apply whole egg to my hair twice a week? or is it too much??????

thank u in advance

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010

2. reshmirn

reshmirn Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    I think applying egg white wud be nice as it provides protein nourishment for the hair. Not sure about egg yolk. Anyways, wait for more responses.

3. saralasastry

saralasastry New IL'ite

i have a long hair. i am using whole egg weekly twice from my teenage .since 10 yrs i am using egg sometimes, or mixing with curd like that. only one thing bad is egg smell comes on hair. so carefully clean all the hair. pour more water. wash thoroughly 20 to 30 mins. use any fragrance shampoo that will help to reduce the smell. otherwise egg is good conditioner. if u dont like to use the egg.better to use any egg based shampoo. in india availabe=le chick shampoo

4. thekumars9308

thekumars9308 New IL'ite

In the past I have used whole egg on my hair but haven't used it twice in a week. Some don't use the yellow portion because of the smell but if you use a fragrant shampoo and wash your hair twice and use a conditioner I'm sure the smell will go away. I use it once in a month or so. Sometimes it tends to make my hair kinda dry but it's a very good conditioner.

These days I use henna more often as it doesn't dry out my hair and makes it more smooth and silky. But use henna with care if you have sinus or get cold very frequently.

5. goka

goka New IL'ite

thank u so much for all ur responses ..may b i'll give a shot by applying egg twice a week
    i have a question..can i do a green tea rinse after a egg pack on my hair???

6. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Egg is a very good hair conditioner and to avoid its smell you break the egg and keep it in the fridge in a bowl the night before.The next day you apply it all over and when it dries have a tepid water bath. This way your hair does not smell. :thumbsup

7. goka

goka New IL'ite

Wow libra..thats cool..
    thank u so much

8. hamsadhvani

hamsadhvani Junior IL'ite

Hi
    I use only egg white. I add some curd and olive oil with egg white and cover my hair with a shower cap. If you use the whole egg your hair will be very smelly. Or if you wish to use the whole egg wash your in a pail of hot water with 3 or 4 spoons of lemon juice. Yes you can use the egg twice. Do you find good results?