1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Pon, yes I guess soo.. I need to keep calm and take things lightly.. Lately I feel I am burdening my DS.. hope this phase passes off soon. hope you (and your DH) counselling that boy reaps good results.. Good luck on that part.

Aishu, congrats on getting the new fridge.. what a surprise?? take care. abt that good friend of yours.. it is sad to know such things happening to close people..

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Mine is a grey (I know how dull) Samsung. I love the ad pics of those new Godrej fridges. Enjoy!

V.

3. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Aishu; So sad to hear about your friend:( Atleast she is doing it now; I wonder how much she might have suffered:(( What is wrong with such men!!!

I haven't started my studeis yet. Need to finish my review; I read the book and postponed writing to some other day. Stupid decision. I am now reading a "Mother Goose" book on child activities.

Ad; Give yourselves and P sometime. I am sure he will do well in somedays.

Need sggns:
    Lately (less than one month) I am noticing that whenever we go out and see a group of kids playing; chinnu immediately ask me to take her in the arms. She will stop walking and cling to my legs till I take her in my arms.
    She had some problems with a kid in her playgroup. That kid snatches out anything(including stone) from chinnu's hands and every playtime ended in tears. So I stopped meeting them frequently; and even if we meet; I keep it short. I taught her to tell "No snatching" :)

Still I notice; she is a little wary when she sees kids in group. Is there any way I could help her to overcome this fear (if it is fear???)
    -Nitha

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

surprise play date guest and thank you first-school.ws. they're busy doing the ice cream project:)

i ate too much sabudana kichdi for lunch and so drowsy now. god so difficult to fight off that sleep.

we got the registration details for DD' day care. it's a newly opened one - i mean they open only this september. when i read minimum 20-25 hrs in a week my heart sheds tears:( oh i'm sure she'll have fun and learn a lot.

later...

5. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Hello all,
    AD - I too think it must have been the new school and all that. Change is a big deal for young children. P had a few accidents when he moved to a new classroom. Just downplay his accidents, reassure him, celebrate his little "no accident times" and be proud of him. Assure the teachers that you are working with him. Poor little baby. Do take care of yourself too and don't be hard on yourself. You are also dealing with a lot of change and it can be tough.

Nitha, I can imagine Chinnu going bless you after passing gas. What a hoot! V laughs whenever he does that, and it is so funny!

Pon, you are great travelling alone in the train with two kiddos.

Sri, sending you and LO lots of healthy vibes.

V - you too joining the cooks bandwagon. I think I just fell off - I haven't tried anything new in the past couple of months.

Pon, I am praying for the boy. Hope things work out and he finds some solutions soon.

Latha, wow - as a child I loved Idiyappam that my mom made. DH is not a fan so I rarely make it. Also I can't handle the "strength requirement" it needs to press it through.

Uma, good luck with your packing.

Aishu, enjoy the new fridge. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Praying for her to get through the tough times.

Work front is still bad - pretty hectic, so please excuse if you don't see me here often.

6. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

Hope you all are doing fine...I am ENJOYING my life here in mom's place...got to go back to ILs place on Sunday, two weeks there and would come back again here...no change in my story, still stand in the same position and would say even more worst...
    hey, DH is in US now and he is asking me for the list to shop...i am really running out of any. I have already stocked enough CDs for H. Please give me some ideas on what i can get from thr for H.

7. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Pad; Maybe some Melissa and Dough toys. You can chck online.
    Latha; All the best to mom and daughter!!!!I am planning to send chinnu in fall..
    Sindhu; Chinnu reacts the same. As it is an achievement :))) Yes; it is quite funny:)
    -Nitha

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Nitha - what book are you reviewing now? As for C would it help to restart playdates with a much older kid who is the motherly type? We have family friends who have a 9 yr old girl and she is great with A - thats why the suggestion. I think kids as young as C really cant play with same-age or even slightly older peers all that well yet; they may do better with older children.

Padmini - Definitely Melissa and Doug (go look at their website for ideas). Also one thing which works well for me is to search for "fav/best toys for ___ age" and look at the Amazon reviews - its a fail-safe method of buying toys which come from the US.

Sindhu - tomorrow's lunch for A is your pancake recipe - I think I'll make a few extra for myself too - love it! Everytime I make it I thank you silently :)

V.

9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Oh Ash babes what a tragedy. please ignore me if i sound rude, mean - but i fail to understand how a couple decide to bring in a child when already the relationship is rocky. hugs to your friend. it must be so traumatic for her. i hope her family stands by her and supports her at this hour.

AD - don't worry. i'm also like that. even today i was constantly reminding DS about some behaviour (story follows below). mine doesn't apologise but gets more stiff:( and also the teachers reminding must be bothering you.

Nitha - are you all set then (playschool)? i think i'll cry longer than DD when we eventually register her. i don't know if it's because she's the baby right now, she's the youngest and a girl... i want to keep her with me for longer. but also when i see her rushing to play with her brother's classmates the rational part of me says 'go ahead'. our beans plants have started to flower and fruit:) was thinking of you..

Padmini - try not to think of those 2 weeks in IL's place. i was like that and it ruins your present happiness. but when you are in their home think of all the good times you had with your parents.. it'll keep you going:) do remember when i started doing this - equal time between my parents and ILs (in all those few weeks in a year) there was huge resistance from my ILs. but then i repeated it every single year and now they know i basically decide my life. it will all come to that. a little bit time... first few times i used to tremble and worry and beg for permission to go my parents. then i started only informing them. may be my body language, the way i spoke said it all. also i do understand i do all these and escape eventually. it's not so in your case. but with such inlaws one has to move the coins very carefully. it's entirely their fault that they didn't leave us with any other option:)

okay girls for today's story - A's classmates mom decided to go shopping so i was asked to pick-up ahem! don't know why A was very mean to the girl. he was very grumpy etc., i tried to convince him for a nap. he was well fed and all that.. can't understand sometimes why he reacts in a certain way:( DD was all the time stuck to the girl. could that be the reason? anyway i let them watch TV for a short while. then they did some colouring, making small booklets etc., i tried to discuss this issue with A but he wouldn't budge. may be husband would help here:(

looks like hot long days are slowly fading away - that's what the weather forecast says:( i do hope it stays so till september atleast!

10. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Vanathi, Sindhu, share the pancake receipe girls :)))
    Nitha, send chinnu here, S would love her soo much :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.