1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

High Blood Pressure

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by priyank, Jan 14, 2010.

1. priyank

priyank New IL'ite

Hi All,

This post is regarding my husbands health. He is 31 yrs old. A software engineer.

Generally speaking my husband is a healthy person. Does exercise 5 times a week. A combination of yoga + Cardio + weights. He also goes for joggings in the mornings. He is not too thin and not too fat. Just the right weight. For 5ft 9inches he weighs 167 lbs. He is a non-vegetarian(once or twice a week).

Of late he has been concentrating on weight training and lifting weights. Y'day he checked his blood pressure after eating in the night and it measured 152/90 which we believe is too high.

I don't understand why that when he is doing everything right and leading a healthy lifestyle........his blood pressure is still high.

I am really worried.

Please advice on this.

With regards
    Priyanka

Other relevant articles on blood pressure

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/nature-cure/133351-remedies-for-high-blood-pressure.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...kes/139569-foods-to-lower-blood-pressure.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/health-issues/11301-how-keep-your-blood-pressure.html#post117499

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013

2. Maneesha

Maneesha New IL'ite

Hi,

Go to the doctor and get his full checkup done and also monitor the pressure at different point of time in a day to get an average one. BP keeps flactuates though out the day.

Hope it helps.

Mani

3. jhonearcher

jhonearcher New IL'ite

High blood pressure (HBP) or hypertension means high pressure (tension) in the arteries. Arteries are vessels that carry blood from the pumping heart to all the tissues and organs of the body. High blood pressure does not mean excessive emotional tension, although emotional tension and stress can temporarily increase blood pressure. Normal blood pressure is below 120/80; blood pressure between 120/80 and 139/89 is called "pre-hypertension", and a blood pressure of 140/90 or above is considered high.

The top number, the systolic blood pressure, corresponds to the pressure in the arteries as the heart contracts and pumps blood forward into the arteries. The bottom number, the diastolic pressure, represents the pressure in the arteries as the heart relaxes after the contraction. The diastolic pressure reflects the lowest pressure to which the arteries are exposed.

4. froggremlin

froggremlin New IL'ite

Hi,
    I was on BP meds for over 5 years (moderate high). I lost 60 lbs and started running 3 years ago. Didn't see much improvement in my BP by just losing weight but when I quit drinking soda and reduced my high levels of sugar and salt my BP dropped a bunch. I don't drink any soda, diet or otherwise now at all and am more careful about my salt intake. I also increased my fiber intake.

5. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi friend

iam 40 yrs old doing my yoga still i too have high BP. i am in medication. if he takes medicine he must take it continuously . nowadays everyone have High BP its due to stress .

My doctor advised me to avoid chips and Banana papad and pickles.

regards
    lakshmi

6. VSDeshpande

VSDeshpande New IL'ite

Does pranayam help in maintaining BP lvl. Have heared that excess kapalbhati is not advised.
    :idontgetit:

7. alexdestin

alexdestin New IL'ite

Long ago, I was very ill after using an antihistamine. My heartbeat was too slow, which was particularly noticeable after effort. Almost collapsed several times with a heart rate of 40 beats or min for the lower gear.

8. sneha44

sneha44 New IL'ite

3 years Back my B.P was 190/130 after taking medicines & exercise it has reduced to 130/90
    Basically should
    AVOID -
    stress , Tensions
    Arguments
    Fatty foods
    sedentary work style

PRACTICE

light yoga like pranayam
    meditation
    sleep well
    walk at least 45 min twice a day
    Family members support is a must
    take medicines regularly in time .

9. jameserics

jameserics New IL'ite

High blood pressure is a chronic disease in which systemic blood pressure is high. And the opposite of hypotension. E 'classified as primary or secondary. Continuous high blood pressure is a risk factor for stroke, myocardial infarction, heart failure and arterial aneurysm, and is the leading cause of chronic renal failure.

10. ronalddavidd

ronalddavidd New IL'ite

High blood pressure means high pressure in the arteries. There are so many ways to control your husband high blood pressure. He should increase his physical activity. He must choose foods low in salt and sodium. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Take your high blood pressure medicine.