Jawahar Navodaya Schools

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by GirijaRamesh, Jul 15, 2010.

1. GirijaRamesh

GirijaRamesh New IL'ite

can any body tell me on the quality of education in JNV schools, does any of your kids or known people studying their. How is the environment? please let me know! its urgent :idea

Regards,
    Girija

2. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    It is the best school
    My own sister works in JNV and I visited and stayed ( after my first delivery my sister took care of me ) in the school in AP and in Pondicherry and Karaikal.

THE education and coaching is the best. I know lots of my sister's students is working aboard and working in high position in India.

These students easily gets chance in any Engg college and IIT. But i noticed lots of students goes in the field R and D because in the school the teachers encourage them to think and make new invention.

And teachers have to stay in the campus only and every students have to right to go and ask any doubts to teachers at any hours.

But preference will be given to the same locality people and they have to show the ration card as the proof to get admisssion. Once you put your child in 6th std then you can get your child back after he / she finishes the 12th std.

In the school they provide the best food ( I myself tasted many times) + they give uniform + washing soap + bathing soap + everything.
    One nurse ( very qualified nurse) is staying inside the campus.
    In case any child fails to get marks teachers do counselling and rectify the problem.

Even today when ever i go to india, I visit JNU and stay there for 10 days and show my kids how the children are getting up at 5am to do exercise and deciplined and their marks..

I can write more and more about this school. It is best environment and I love it.
    Regards
    Mrs.N

3. GirijaRamesh

GirijaRamesh New IL'ite

Dear Jaya Naresh,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I am trying to prepare my daughters (Twins) for VI standard entrance. I am concerned about their safety being girls and quality of education ( this is because of some reported cases of abuse as I read in News papers) but I Know that lot of them come out well and they are disciplined. But I am confused hence I am seeking to know from various channels. thanks jaya for your positive long detailed information. Further my daughters are writing entrance for Bangalore Urban JNV. Please let me know if any one know about this institution.

Regards,
    Girija

4. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

Dear Girija
    MY sister goes everyyear during the exam time to coach the students in Bangalore JNV ( IN JNV before main exam the teachers exchange the school and coach the students - This is to polish the students more shiningly).

Regarding abuse - some stories even i read and later came to know that the other local schoola are just throwing stones to show their jealousy.
    Girls and Boys have different dorms. The girls dorm is always closer to school principal house + ladies teacher's house and there is a loooooooooooooog gap open space then boys dorm.
    This is the tradition of dorm in all JNVs.
    So go ahead. And your daughters will come out shiningly after 6 years.
    In between you hardly get a chance to be with your daughters - Yearly 60 days at the most.( that is a drawback- I know one parent used to stand near the gate almost everyday to see her daughter inside the campus ---- JNV watchman never allow anyone to enter the campus.Later Principal shouted at the parent and said TAKE TC and take your daughter. Then the parent stopped standing near the gate)

Regards
    Mrs.N

5. GirijaRamesh

GirijaRamesh New IL'ite

Dear Jaya,

thank you for your detailed reply, I will definitely make my children write the entrance exam, Thanks for giving information.

SEE YOU SOON (I MAY NEED MORE INFORMATION)

Regards
    Girija

6. GirijaRamesh

GirijaRamesh New IL'ite

Hello friends any body else on these schools I am looking for more opinions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Girija

7. GirijaRamesh

GirijaRamesh New IL'ite

Hi friends any body on this