How to delete a post or thread?

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by chatkara_tasty, Jun 29, 2006.

1. abibaby

abibaby Silver IL'ite

Hi Aruna,

Yes, please remove both our names from the post. Thanks a lot for the help.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  2. sprasanna

sprasanna Senior IL'ite

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Will be taken care of
    Next time please do not repeat it if you don't wish anyone to know your name.

4. sprasanna

sprasanna Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot Aruna. Will definitely keep that in mind in future.

5. SHS

SHS Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    I created a thread last month..it was ''I am dead or may be i have 3-4 months left''...that time i wasnt in a right state...and in that thread i have revealed a lot about my personal life..i feel very insecure now...i dont want anything in future that disturbs my life...can u please remove that thread ??Its a request..Pls help me moderators..

Regards
    stuti

6. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi stuti,

As it has been repeated time and again in this thread, IL does not encourage deleting of posts, unless in cases like, its a duplicate or if its offensive to any member etc .

The thread that you are refering to has crossed 21 pages, which means over 200 replies.. with many members pitching in with their views or suggestions.
    Deleting the thread would mean deleting all those posts. It would certainly discourage members from replying to any discussions in the future.
    It will bring about a change in everyones posts counts too.

If you feel that it would adversely affect your personal life, and if you want any portion of your posts to be edited, report it with your comments. The mods in that forum will decide.

Bye

7. SHS

SHS Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    thanks for responding...Can u pls tell me how to contact moderators?I would really like to delete that post as i feel i just revealed a lot about my life..I just dont want to face any probs in future cuz of that..I have mentioned many things about my friend like he is in UK(london)( he is a surgeon)..we studied in Mumbai..about my parents health..I mean i wanted to feel free so much that i revealed a lot about myself..People who are close to me can know its me..As they know i have a friend in London..My parents are still recovering...I feel very insecure now.....I want to remain anonymous but in order to make people understand my conditions clearly i had to tell everything...from my family to my education( BSc and then masters in social work)...Also that i have a christian friend from school who has been with me for last 4 yrs..I also mentioned that the other friend has a business and their annual turn over is around 200Cr..I want all these portions to get deleted...I want to remain anonymous..Pls tell me the ways to contact moderators ?

Regards
    Stuti

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  8. nkaviprakash

nkaviprakash New IL'ite

9. banuma

banuma Senior IL'ite

Respected Mam,
    I have posted THIRD RELATIONSHIP in married life section. Pls I have given some personal details,pls can you delete it.

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It will be taken care of...