1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Punished at home

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ritaroy, Nov 23, 2008.

1. ritaroy

ritaroy Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your nice post.

Love

Rita

2. rohanindian1984

rohanindian1984 New IL'ite

yeah, i know, but it aint so easy to take a decision. I hv since then moved on, but the burden remains. the world is not for the meek. but i am sure that when your mom punished you, you also didnt try to be brave. I know I am taking ridiculous examples, but we usually give a lot of control to our parents then say our american/european counterparts.

3. rohanindian1984

well, i understand that. with my aunt, till date, i hate her and i love her. I cant change her i know, coz she is very much firm. they come from a generation which is very different from mine and there way of thinking is also differnt. what we would constitute as abuse, they will call discipline.

i did like to add, while it hurt me more to have her punish me and therefore i made such a long post criticizing her, i forgot to point out that, she loved me equally to her daughter at times. in short her way and idea of life dont fit in with us. very few people can think from differnt perspectives, but at times it helps us understand that other far better.

heck, u think that i will even have the guts to get a copy of playboy now ? even from the net ? Interestingly, India doesnt allow sale of any softcore magazine like playboy as per its laws.
    it is a differnt matter that every roadside vendor in india will be able to offer that to you in case you want it and are ready to pay the extra premium for black marketing. And I have not started with the net.
    It is strange, the country with the largest population in the world never talks about anything that has to remotely do with the stuff that increases the population :p

4. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

Yea Rohan....the people who invented the Kama Sutra are the ones most afraid of it...LOL

Anyway, so happy to see that you are a healthy human being with a solid head on his shoulders. All the best.

5. ritaroy

ritaroy Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Rohan. I think it's the time getting on your way and starting to resist something. My mom last punished me when I was 19. After 18 she set me free didn't restrict me. When I was 19 it was only twice she punished me.

Love

Rita

6. ritaroy

ritaroy Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Rohan.

Love

Rita

7. ritaroy

ritaroy Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Manaswini.

Love

Rita

8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Even right here - when someone posts questions in Rel forum about it - in a short while it gets shunted out to some arcane thread in TTC forum! Why does anything and everything abt it starts and ends with TTC! and gets "hidden" in that same single thread?, beats me! :bonk

You are right Rohan, I do hope that more Indians can start to discuss things openly and in a mature manner without getting all tensed-up when the minute Playboy or any such topic is mentioned.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  9. jaishvats

jaishvats Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rita

When I read your post I was almost in tears....A big hug from me to you ...to the woman in you with horrible memories and the young child in your memories...

if you were in some other country your mother may have got arrested for child abuse....

maybe your mother was scared that if she did not discipline you that way you might get into bad ways....but that does not justify her action anyways....

childrens minds are so innocent and tender....shame on every adult who uses extreme measures in the name of discipline....

10. rohanindian1984

if you really belive in hindu philosphy this is something is really expected. the king of today, will give birth to the selfish guys of tomorrow. Coz they have so much comfort that they lose most of there hunger. But there are others, who had no such privillege, and yet through hard work came up.

even today, when i see, look at history. India was once the golden bird. In the last three hundered years, we were reduced to paupers. the US became the king.

and yet you will see, tomorrow shall belong to india. The west has ceased to have the golden halo it used to be. India is not so bad nowadys. Similarly, i guess, India too one day will come in terms with its own sexuality much latter in the cycle.

thank :)