1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what was your age when you got married and why you think it is right???

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sunny3, Jan 28, 2010.

1. mapleleaf

mapleleaf Silver IL'ite

What an heart-warming life story Sashikalaa! All your sibblings (his and yours) are very lucky to have the both of you.I am very happy for you that you are blessed with a sweet little daughter to fill your days with joy.May God continue to shower his blessings on your family.Thank you so much for sharing your self-less story.

In my case i was 22 and DH 26 when we got married, it was a traditional arranged marriage. Ofcourse both set of parents were a little worried that we were quite young and should have a smooth start.Ofcourse everyday has been a learning experience and we are still trying to figure each other out :coffee. We have been married for 10 years and still continue to make our parents proud by not tearing each other's hair apart.:)

2. sashikalaa

sashikalaa New IL'ite

Dear Maple,

It is not a story and my real life..... However, thanks for your reply.

3. mapleleaf

mapleleaf Silver IL'ite

I certainly did not mean to degrade your real life by calling it a 'heart-warming life-story' but if it came across that way my sincere apologies.

4. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

i dont think there is any hard and fast rule as to when is the right age to get married.
    One should get married when they feel there are capable of carrying the baggage of marriagehood.

some people get married at an early age, some at a later one, but how does one account it as the reason to a successful marriage?

5. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Nice story of your life, Sashikalaa. A story isn't necessarily made up. A real life story is what maple meant, I am sure.

6. hitmark

hitmark New IL'ite

I think it is batter to marry in between 22 to 25 years. It is mature age and in this age one can understand the social, financial, religious etc. values more deeply. In so much early age, one may not easily have decision making and understanding human values.

7. priya1232000

priya1232000 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I got married in the age of 22..after i graduated my bachelors & my hubby was 26.. i think this is pretty good age to get married.. and mine is a arranged marriage ..my parents found a perfect guy for me.who cares me like my mom & dad.. thats y i call Him "amma"....
    and we make our parents proud of our love and affection....
    :thumbsup

8. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

i got married at the age of 26.I think it was the right time...

9. DivyaKGCP

DivyaKGCP Senior IL'ite

I got married at the age of 23. My Hubby is 6 yrs elder to me.. It was an arranged marriage.
    i was working then.but quit the job after marriage.. i was from a nuclear family, i havent seen MIL-DIL relationship closer before.. Thought if u be nice to them, they will also be.. But was horrified, wat all happened, initially.. But with Hubby's support overcame everything and am safe n happy here..We have a 3 yr old little girl now..
    I think it was the right age for me to get married, because now at the age of 27, i feel am well settled and am much contented with life. Really God has given me a Best Husband.. I

10. rsk11584

rsk11584 Silver IL'ite

According to me I think the ideal age is 23-24 years for wife / husband. Bcause if you marry then you can get 1-2 years for enjoyment and then have kids at 25 / 26 , I am very much against late marriages because in late marriage its the kids who have to suffer, the age difference between me and my parents is about 40 years so we had to struggle a lot, before I could complete my education my DAD retired, and as both parents became old they have health problems, and money issues for studies of children etc.

Late marriage does only harm for children.

Best is get married have kids at 25, and you can be a grandpa , grandma, by 50 ;)