1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

enquiries

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by priyaprasaad, Jul 14, 2010.

1. priyaprasaad

priyaprasaad New IL'ite

Hi,

I have few enquiries to all Ilites.

1. Where can i get plain raw / tussar silk sarees in chennai?

2. Are there books available for kantha and kutch work embroidery in chennai? If so where?

3. After seeing all the Ilites work on embroidery, i was impressed and started doing embroidery.

Recently i did embroidery on my churidhar and posted the same in this site and got very encouraging comments from everybody. I traced the design with the carbon paper.

But in a saree, how we should trace the design? Is there any specific method by which we should trace the design ? or there is any shop who can trace the design on the saree?

4. regarding frames: for the the churidhar i did with the round frame. But for saree are there separate frames? i see in the net frames in rectangular shape in the size of a bed, and people do say that are frames avaibale in rectangular shape half the size of the bed. Is it so? if so where these frames are available in chennai? what will be the approximate cost?

thanks in advance for all you replies

bye priyaprasaad

2. vasthraa

vasthraa Platinum IL'ite

Hi priyaprasaad

I have few enquiries to all Ilites.

1. Where can i get plain raw / tussar silk sarees in chennai?

Try Mint street, Parry's Corner

2. Are there books available for kantha and kutch work embroidery in chennai? If so where?

Mint Street - Parry's Corner. Ranganathan street, T Nagar

3. After seeing all the Ilites work on embroidery, i was impressed and started doing embroidery.

Good. Do more n post more.

Recently i did embroidery on my churidhar and posted the same in this site and got very encouraging comments from everybody. I traced the design with the carbon paper.

But in a saree, how we should trace the design? Is there any specific method by which we should trace the design ? or there is any shop who can trace the design on the saree?

Use a tracing paper n trace the desired design. Make holes using a pin. Place the tracing paper where u want n apply the tracing powder which is mixed with kerosene.

4. regarding frames: for the the churidhar i did with the round frame. But for saree are there separate frames? i see in the net frames in rectangular shape in the size of a bed, and people do say that are frames avaibale in rectangular shape half the size of the bed. Is it so? if so where these frames are available in chennai? what will be the approximate cost?

Ranganathan street, T. Nagar - ask for aari frame. Cost depends on the wood used.

thanks in advance for all you replies

Most Welcome n all the best

bye priyaprasaad

:hiya

3. jeejaka

jeejaka Gold IL'ite

Hi Priya,

you will get plain raw silk cloth frm LuLu hypermarket in Sharjah. I always buy frm there only for stitching salwars.Its 44" wide cloth..

Where r u staying in sharjah?..I m also in sharjah

Jeeja

4. priyaprasaad

priyaprasaad New IL'ite

Hi Jeejaka,

I am staying in Abushagara . My building is near to Amber supermarket in Abushagara.

Where are you put up?

I don't want a cloth. I want a saree to do kantha embroidery.

Anyway thanks for your kind reply.

bye priya

5. jeejaka

jeejaka Gold IL'ite

hi priya,

i m also staying in abu shagara..my building is just behind the Kraz supermarket.

jeeja