What should I do???

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Vnbaby, Jul 10, 2010.

1. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear geevee

One chalisa means 40 verses. (Chalis means forty)
    You have to do one chalisa and put one dot on the photo.
    I hope this helps.

2. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Amithadev

This powerful slokam

Digambara Digambara Sri Padavallabha Digambara
    Digambara Digambara Sri Avadhoota Chintana Digambara

Can be chanted at all times and for any number of times for fulfillment of any wish.

No restrictions, no formalities are required for chanting this sloka.
    While doing home chores etc also you can chant this sloka.

Reciting Siddha Mangala stothram and Digambara slokam do not require any formalities.

The digambara sloka is simple sloka which can be chanted to get a particular wish fulfilled. Those who cannot do Siddha Mangala stothram can read this alternatively.

You read this sloka 108 times for 40 days. (stop during MC).

All the problems will be solved and all desires will be fulfilled and will be blessed with happiness.

Siddha Mangala stothra parayanam itself is a blessing. So don't worry all worries will end.

The above sloka is read for Sri Padavallabha Swami (1st Incarnarion of Lord Dattatreya- The Trinity god). Whenever this sloka or Siddha mangala stothram is chanted Swami is highly pleased.

3. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Dear Friends,

Thank you all for giving your concern and time in suggesting me different poojas and shlokas.

Mrs.N thanks for explaining Lord Shiva pooja in detail, I got it this time. I also used to do Monday fasting before marriage and I do Navratri fasting also. I never had such problem with God, he had always listen to my prayers, infact I have a friend like relationship with him, this strange thing is happening for the first time that he has turned a deaf ear to me.

Thanks chocolate for describing Hanuman jis pooja. I read Hanuman Chalisa almost everyday infact I read for 100 times as it is believed to solve all your problems. Will surely do the pooja described by you.

Dear Amithadev, there is a saying that "after son's marriage a caring, loving, giving, godlike mom becomes 'mother-in-law' ". Its so sad to say that my and your daughters case is not exceptional its very very common. You can read same story with different twists in Sub forum:Marriage, Spouse & In-Laws in Family and Relationship. I just cannot understand this bizarre behaviour/nature of inlaws but I do pity them.

Oh lord :bowdownplease Help Us!!

V n baby

4. Sri09

Sri09 Senior IL'ite

Dear Vnbaby,

In our place, we have a diety for every household. Some has Lord Shiva, others have Vishnu or avatar of Vishnu, naga or a goddess. If you people have such diety, pray to that diety. Talk to your mom or MIL and find out information. If you have, pray to that diety. I pray to the dieties from inlaws side and also my parents side. My MIL said everybody has one ishtadevata. Like earlier when we have a problem we pray to one god and come out of that problem, then develop some bhakti for that diety. Pray to your ishtadevata with belief.

I wish you all the best.

Sri

5. KrishnasLadies

KrishnasLadies New IL'ite

I am new here and it was good to read all the many spiritual responses. Hope I don't sound mundane by adding something also practicle (as I love the pujas etc! And strongly believe in them.)

Frst, I comend you on all you have tolerated. You have gone through a lot. You also are stronger than you may realize.

I studied a few self-help psychology books on getting along with others and one of the major points it made, over and over, was this:

"Its not how you feel that makes them your friend or not your friend, its how you make them feel."

Maybe for others thats old news, for me it was great to read. I had been so lost in m own difficulties with this person, I forget to think how to make them feel better, then good. I began to add little things I could do, since when stressed its hard to take on a lot. It worked. One simple thing anyone can do, is when they first come home from work or wherever they were, don't bring up any problems for a solid 5 minutes or more. Studies have shown when this is respected, it imrpoves relationships.

There is the problem of not knowing what is the problem. Too is a problem if they just disagree with their offsprings choice of marriage partners, than what can you do. Over time it may change, if they are not intentially being stubborn to hold onto that. Even if they are, you can lessen the blow by doing the above in whatever ideas you may also have to use it.

The other day I read a story on a simialr topic, and tho its a bit not my way, but it can work for those who can do it. Cute story.

"Once there was a Chinese young womanl who was just married and moved in with her husand. (So similar, huh.) Her mother-in-law was outright cruel to her and it seemed to never let up. One day the young woman went to visit the local mystic and told of the situation. She next asked to be given poisionous spices to kill her mother-in-law. The mystic made up some special spices and gave them to her for her mother-in-law, but he warned: They will suspect it was you if she suddenly dies, so you must be unsually nice to her, extremly unusually nice, and then give her only little bit here or there. In time it will accumulate and she will die. But don't start with the spices right away. You must be sly and take your time before making any obvious changes." So the young women took home the spices and followed his advice.

She was so nice to her mean mother-in-law and at first, the mother-in-law would say nasty things but was surprised that her daughter-in-law did not react and even was undersanding and kind. Four weeks went by like this and the two of them began to care deeply for each other. The young woman ran back to the mystic and said "I need an antidote!" Now I love this women, and she loves me like her own daughter" The mystic said "Don't worry, there was not any poision in what I gave you. You just need time and hope to make the needed changes. Now you have and all are happy."

Interesting story anyhow! I do not know if this works for everybody, or all the time, but its worth trying out, tho you may have all ready.

Keep on doing puja's, chanting, praying, and using psychology.

KL

6. Dev1

Dev1 New IL'ite

I was going thro a difficult time in my life and my mom suggetsed Vaibava lakshmi pooja which I did for 11 weeks and even within the first week all my problems started resolving one by one ..........just wanted to share this and encourage anyone who wants to do the pooja............good luck.