Post-IVF Care and IVF in India

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by desidiva, Jul 8, 2010.

1. desidiva

desidiva New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

Can anyone answer this for me who has gone through IVF in the US and got pregnant? Are/were you still under the care of your RE throughout the 9 months AND for delivery or is there an OB-GYN who specializes in these types of pregnancies who take over?

I am planning on going through IVF but trying to figure out whether to go to India and get it done or do it here and above question is one the things that I am taking into consideration. If it is done in India, I want to figure out the best way for my care here in the US after I return.

Has anyone gone to India and returned here for the delivery?

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010

2. kinjal

kinjal Bronze IL'ite

RE in usa generally take care of patients till 12 weeks of pregnancy and then patient gets trasferred to usual ob/gyn doctors. If its high risk pregnancy then RE can refer to ob/gyn who specialize in high risk pregnancies.

Most of the insurance does not cover RE after 12 weeks of pregnancy so even if you are here most probably you would get trasfered to normal ob/gyn

3. desidiva

desidiva New IL'ite

Kinjal - Thanks for the info! That helps support my decision to do this in India.