Run in the rain....

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by ambika ananth, Aug 9, 2005.

1. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

“Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they can take away your money, and they can take away your health. But no one can ever take away your precious memories...So, don't forget to make time and take the opportunities to make memories everyday. To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven.

Don't always be in a hurry. Take the time to live!!! -- and don't forget to run in the rain!

A friend sent this to me to remind me of life. Hope you enjoy it.

A little girl had been shopping with her Mum. She must have been 6 years old, this beautiful red haired, freckle faced image of innocence.

It was pouring outside. The kind of rain that gushes over the top of rain gutters, so much in a hurry to hit the earth it has no time to flow down the spout.

We all stood there under the awning and just inside the door of the Tescos.

We waited, some patiently, others irritated because nature messed up their hurried day. I am always mesmerized by rainfall. I got lost in the sound and sight of the heavens washing away the dirt and dust of the world. Memories of running, splashing so carefree as a child come pouring in as a welcome reprieve from the worries of my day.

The little voice was so sweet as it broke the hypnotic trance we were all caught in .

"Mum, let's run through the rain," she said

"What?" Mum asked.

"Let us run through the rain!" She repeated.

"No, honey. We'll wait until it slows down a bit," Mum replied.

This young child waited about another minute and repeated: "Mum, let's run through the rain,"

"We'll get soaked if we do," Mum said.

"No, we won't, Mum. That's not what you said this morning," the young girl said as she tugged at her Mum's arm.

"This morning? When did I say we could run through the rain and not get wet?"

"Don't you remember? When you were talking to Daddy about his cancer, you said, 'If God can get us through this, he can get us through anything!'

The entire crowd stopped dead silent. I promise you, you couldn't hear anything but the rain. We all stood silently. No one came or left in the next few minutes.

Mom paused and thought for a moment about what she would say. Now some would laugh it off and scold her for being silly. Some might even ignore what was said. But this was a moment of affirmation in a young child's' life. A time when innocent trust can be nurtured so that it will bloom into faith..

"Honey, you are absolutely right. Let's run through the rain. If GOD let's us get wet, well maybe we just needed washing," Mum said. Then off they ran.

We all stood watching, smiling and laughing as they darted past the cars and yes, through the puddles. They held their shopping bags over their heads just in case. They got soaked. But they were followed by a few who screamed and laughed like children all the way to their cars.

Don't always be in a hurry. Take the time to live!!! -- and don't forget to run in the rain!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2005

2. concorde

concorde New IL'ite

Rain

Very Touching. But watch for the puddles.:wave

3. ambika ananth

Thanks

Thanks Concorde for your concern. But if we take steps watching for puddles, is it called 'running in the rain...?!" You seemed to have missed the main point dear friend....

ambika

4. Pritha

Pritha New IL'ite

I have run in the rain and will always do...

was on business in Seoul for a week last year, had completed a long session of training managers and stepped out of the office late afternoon to walk back to the hotel.. had this huge umbrella with me.. walked back gingerly under it, changed into my jeans and headed out again to do some sight seeing.. it was still raining.. and I was still under the umbrella, and then I stepped into the subway.. came out at the other end.. and then it hit me.. I was meant to get wet.. and wash away the cares of the day.. and I just dropped my umbrella and ran in the rain.. my arms outstretched.. the July rain soaking my soul with a freshness that I had not felt in a long time.. it was lovely..

5. durga

durga New IL'ite

an apt one!

an appropriate one for the monsoon...though there are dark clouds in our life, the showers they give wash away all our miseries and sorrows...

6. ambika ananth

right perspective

Dear Durga

You have given a very good perspective to the dark clouds in our lives...that they wash away our miseries...right thinking Durga.
    Thanks for liking my snippet
    ambika