What should I do???

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Vnbaby, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I dont know how to and in which words should I describe my problem. In one sentence I will say that I desperately want to go back to US not because I do not like our country or its US dollars that are luring me but because people around me(my-inlaws) are making my life miserable day by day.

We stayed with my inlaws(because my husband didnt want to separate) since I got married(almost 6 yrs) except for 2 yrs when we got a golden chance to stay away from them in US. We had to come back around a year back. Things were very tensed when we left for US because I was working against their will. Now when we are back (and I am not working anymore bcoz I have a toddler to take care of )again situation is getting worst day by day. But this time I dont know what is the reason for their this kinda behaviour towards me. They 24x7 keep frowning faces. Always try to command me like I am their servant/maid and expect me to sit,breathe,dress,eat,bathe,sleep the way they want me to. Although my husband's younger brother who stays separately even before my marriage(he got married before us) my ILs takes his side always no matter what he does and insults and taunts me and my husband in front of him and his family in every family get together. My brother in law is not an exception he is 3x his parents in behaving with me and to my husband.

I used to be a working girl before marriage and always wanted to stay with ILs after getting married because my parents have given me values to respect elders. My ILs posed themselves as very open minded people before marriage but when I got married they showed their true colors. A good understanding, harmony never developed between us(me n husband) bcoz we always stayed with ILs but things were better when we were in US far from this IL menace. Now and before also we only fight and fight and fight everyday.

We can separate here also(we are trying to bcoz husband has realised truth about his parents) but it will not solve the problem because they will continue interfering in our life. I do not want to live a life like a slave just because I am a woman and now a mother also who cant take decision without thinking 1000 times, I know I deserve a better life bcoz I am an educated human being and my parents taught me to live with self-respect.

Please friends suggest me some shloka that can solve my problem. I have started a thread earlier also named "Icha poorthi shlok" in which Saras suggested me 40 days parayan for lord Datta threya. I completed it in May with anna danam personally to needy people as well as in Sai baba temple(nothing positive happened yet, please note I am not complaining I am just stating my situation). Chitra ji suggested lord Hanuman ji's shloka and I am chanting it daily. It never ever happened in my life that I am praying so whole heartedly even then Dear Lord is not listening to me at all. I believe in lord Shiva very much and always prayed to him and he also used to be there for me but I JUST DONT KNOW what went wrong. My husband is trying his best to get some oppurtunity for US, at times it feels that we will get a chance to go back but again everything gets complicated. It feels like something is stopping/blocking our way. I just want to know what and where is my fault?? Why my dear Lord is sitting silent n watching all my miseries.

2. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

hI DEAR

Felt close to tears when i read your thread..............welll

be positive.......You said you believe in Lord Siva...........start on one pradastham ( spelling is right???????) that falls on monday and go to shiva temple with a glass of milk and do abhishagam and drink the milk three times for 9 weeks or 21 weeks.

Once i told to my BIL ( who lost the job and trying to find one) about VAIBAV Devi fasting...for eight week...............

Start on fridays and on the time of sunrise start the pooja like
    1. in a plate keep rice and spread it and in the centre of the plate keep a khumba vessel (in tamil shampu) or pooja vessel like glass and fill water and then put 8 coins + eight leaves of tulsi and cover the vessel with a coconut and put haldi kumkum for the plate and coconut and vessel.

2. say the Ghayathri mantra ( 8 times) and start the pooja by placing flowers to cover the rice and vessel.....

3. Fast that day and during sunset time do the pooja and spray the vessel water in four corners of the room and drink the water.

4. Morning and evening pooja should be performed by all yourfamily members,,,,, fasting is only for you. But you + DH + LO should also say the mantra and put flowers during the pooja...

5. Before completing eight weeks you will get the good news, after that also continue the pooja and on the eighth week call 8 small girls and give them bangles + haldi +kumkum + food+ anything they like -----toys...

My BIL got a veru very job on 6th week and now he is very happy and settled........

During 8 weeks no nonveg at home and the pooja should be performed by all family members.
    If you get periods ----break that week and continue -------no probs...

I used to do Santoshi mata fasting also----very strict fasting.....

This Vaibav Devi fasting is to be done who is very desperate only..

All the best and i will pray for you dear.
    Life has ups and downs and never break down when you face DOWNS then you cannot enjoy the UPS.

Regards
    Mrs.N

3. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hello Jayanaresh,

Thanks for your reply. I am trying really really hard to keep my spirits high during these tough times but it gets difficult when so many factors are constantly working against you. But I am really thankful to you for your help.

I cannot do Vaibhav Devi fasting and pooja bcoz it is a proper pooja, my ILs wont allow me to do it if they will come to know that I am doing some kinda pooja. But I can visit Shiva temple and do the pooja with milk. Should I drink rest of the milk from glass after Abhishekam or I shall collect the milk from abhishekam and drink it, I hope you are getting me. And I am sorry if this sound little weird that why do I have to drink milk for 3 times.

V n baby

4. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vn baby

I am sorry to hear about your state of affairs.

Your koorika will be fulfilled. Please have some patience. Everyone will have their day.

I can see from your post that you cannot do pooja etc @ home. So i can only suggest this powerful chant:

Digambara Digambara Sri Padavallabha Digambara
    Digambara Digambara Sri Avadhoota Chintana Digambara.

Also chant Om Namah Shivaya.

Things will be all right.
    I will pray for you dearie.

5. Lakshmi Sampath

Lakshmi Sampath New IL'ite

Hai friends ,

Mrs. N You told do pooja in morning & evening there is is any specific slokas can u plz. brief me becoz my friend also in same position .she is having small kids 13 month old

Awaiting for your replay

Lakshmi Sampath

6. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Saras,

How you doing? Thanks for your sweet and soothing words and for your prayers also. I know supreme lord will listen to me because I know that I am true at my heart and I am praying whole heartedly but waiting is getting so very hard day by day that I am now DESPERATE to go back to US.

I am having patience for more than a year now and believe me soooo many things in our life are now depending upon this big change(moving to US). So many things are on a halt.

Well, the fact is everything happens according to God's will. And being a God loving person I have always accepted life as it came to me but this time I am sooooo very restless and in pain bcoz of some selfish and egotist people.

V n baby

7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Vnbaby,Have you tried reciting Hanuman Chalisa everyday and keeping a kumkum dot on Hanumanji foto.Thats done from his tail end to continue till it comes to the same spot as you started.Meaning you tell one Chalisa per day and put one got on the God foto.Its done specifically on Hanumanji foto.Next day you keep a dot next to the original spot and continue. Its kept on continuous line from God's tail to his feet to his head and back again.Meaning you keep it on margin or border or God Hanuman.Ask back here if you dont understand.This is very effective and has worked for us before.Try it if you want to. Good Luck.

8. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Pour all the milk in the khumba tied above the Lord Shiva Linga.
    Catch the milk that is falling on Lingam and drink it 3 times.
    my SIL used to fast on 11 mondays n go to temple and do pooja before her marriage and eat only fruits that day.
    Now she is happily married with a kid and after marriage she did the navrathri fasting. that is all 9 days go to temple and do pooja and eat only fruits and juices and water. NO TEA OR MILK OR RICE OR ANY OTHER FOOD.
    Pray now tp VAIBAV DEVI that you will do the navrathri fasting and see. ALL YOUR PROBS WILL MELT LIKE BUTTER.

Regards
    Mrs.N

9. amithadev

amithadev New IL'ite

Dear saras,

Digambara Digambara Sri Padavallabha Digambara
    Digambara Digambara Sri Avadhoota Chintana Digambara.

As u said in ur earlier post to recite this powerful sloka. Please tell me when to recite. Even my daughter is facing similar problem. She is the first DIL living with her in-laws. Her Brother-inlaw , who is younger staying away with his wife and 2 kids. Her MIL woould always consider them only and listen to what her younger son says. Sometimes her MIL would insult my daughter and her husband in front of others. MIL would do anything to satisfy her younger son. She would always complain my daughter wahtever she does. My daughter is reading siddha mangala stotram. Her husband is also trying for a new job. Could u please tell me when to recite the above sloga? How many times to recite? For wht the above is recited?

10. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

One chalisa per day means just the four verses or all the forty verses.Kindly clear this doubt for me .

geevee