Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,

y'day the semiya bbath was such a hit. i added green grapes (store-bought) and cucumber from my balcony garden:)

DH's friend and his family were here. the wife was once a member of IL and not logging in any more due to family routine. she had been asking for recipes for all dishes and my constant answer was 'Chithramma'. y'day she tasted your idli and hotel sambar and will now on be a regular here. this friend has experienced my 'cooking skills' during my newly married days and was taken aback at the improvement:) ella pugazhum ungalukke:)

i also made peas dhokla twice (for us) as now it's raining peas here. eagerly awaiting corns to appear as well. and not to mention i've frozen peas and green beans in bulk.

Latha

2. Shreec

Shreec Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra madam,

Very glad to see you back in action. I wish you for a speedy recovery. My mom had got 5 surgeries related to her legs so far and I can understand how it feels like to the person undergoing such surgeries. I donot have any fbs as we moved to a different state last week. Just cooking the basics for now. yet to unpack all the stuff. Though I donot have any fbs my Mother-inlaw is giving me somany fbs to be conveyed to you with her due Thanks. She made set dosais couple of times now and told me that it cameout perfect all the times. She is travelling these days between Bangalore and Mysore and so she is into instant powder cooking these days. She gave me many fbs to be conveyed to you for instant kootu, saaru, huLLi and majjigay huLLi. Now all her powders are done and she is planning to make new batch of it once she is back at home. Please accept all the Thanks that (I) a messenger is conveying.

Regards
    Shree

3. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra Ma'm,
    Made Badham Burfi, Moong Dal Chakli & Choco-Pista Roll for a trip to my sister's place tomorrow.Badham burfi has come out very tasty & soft.No lumps thanks to your tip of using a whisk to add badham paste:thumbsup.The padham is usually tricky for me but with this method it was easier.Moong dhal chakli is very easy to make & trully melt in the mouth even without any butter.Made Choco-Pista Roll as everybody loves this professional looking sweet.Thank you so much:bowdown.I'll let you know others FBs as well.
    Made for DD lunch box Kothamalli Saadham with onion raitha.DS tasted it & he liked it as well.That is one jiffy-tasty rice.Thank you.Hope your pain is decreasing.
    Love,
    Damini.

4. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

Maami, I am not very confident with soups.:hide: And most of the soups that I like are creamy soups. Infact the only soup I used to have are creamy tomato soup and Sweet corn vegetable soup in india. After coming here, the only soup I really like is meditteranean lentil soup. I have tried making it and the version I make is not as good as the authentic version.So, stopped venturing into it. Should try your salads esp the dressings but I just dont get enthu if shiva doesn't like them - salads being one of them :bonk. I should try to break this and try new stuff.

Please take care of yourself and take adequate rest. Will comeback with a FB soon. I have a long list of pending dishes to try.

Thanks,
    Aswini

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Latha, my family also loves Semiya BB!:tongue
    i go on varying the 'additives' - manngo, pomegranate, grapes, carrots sultanas, etc, but where do I go for home-grown cucumber??:spin
    I am very happy that you love your own cooking standard. As I always write, we are our own best judges!!
    Raining peas & beans sounds too good!!
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Dear Shree, quite a few elderly ladies do not approve of the recipes passed on by the DILs!! I salute your MIL for her practicality!
    Yes, while travelling to & fro, instant powders are most useful!!
    My thanks to her.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  7. Chitvish

Dear Damini, you have smartly selected all 'winners'!:thumbsup
    Moong dhal chakli is very similar to super thenkuzal:)
    Kothamalli sadam looks very appetising too!!
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

8. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

nice to see you back Mrs. c.

Your will power and thinking is admirable.

9. gvi

gvi Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.Chitra

I am here after a long time. Glad to see you back in action . wishing you a speedy recovery!
    pls.take adequate rest .

take care
    Geetha

10. Chitvish

Dear R,
    In life when we have to swim (most of the times!) against the tide, all our inner strength start surfacing!!
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.