1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone needs Dental advice - Please post ur problems

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by hema_gladston, Jun 18, 2008.

1. sreshta

sreshta New IL'ite

Hi Dr.Preethi :hiya
    Thanks a ton for your reply.Bow
    It was really very vivid and informative.:bowdown

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Surya,

Osteogenesis Imperfecta is a genetic disorder of the bone in general. One of its clinical feature is brittle and colourless teeth.

Besides general care of brushing and flossing.. the teeth can be covered by -

Tooth coloured filling if the tooth is very brittle and cannot be covered by cap.

Cap / crown can also be fixed if the tooth is not too brittle.

Veneers is a tooth coloured material which looks like a cap but covers only the front portion of the tooth, this can also be done which gives the tooth a nice shade.

Sometimes Orthodontic treatment will be required too, to set the bone around tooth to grow and support well.

She can see an Orthodontist / Dentist for the same.

But in general she needs to take a lottt of care.

3. suria

suria Silver IL'ite

preethi,

i really thank you a lot for you kind reply:bowdown
    i will tell her to check an orthodontist for sure..thanks a ton again:thumbsup

4. hema_gladston

hema_gladston Bronze IL'ite

Dear Dr.

Great going. I saw all the posts. Really doing good Jod. Thanks a lot. Hope going on fine. Take care

Hema

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

All fine Hema ! :) Nice to read your post. Hope you and your hubby are well too. Hope his practice is doing well.

Do visit the thread / forum often. :)

6. mkarthika

mkarthika New IL'ite

Hi

I have done root canal treatment before 3 weeks(cap not placed till now).Doctor told me to eat soft foods
    can i eat idli,dosai ,sambhar,chutni etc..?

If i eat chilly items like food made out of green chillies or red chillies like sambhar ,rasam etc..i am getting pain.

For how many days i should eat soft foods and non-spicy foods?
    I am still having the pain.If i ask this to doctor he says , root canal is perfectly right..and he grinds on the tooth for removing hyper points..

I am confused and dont know wat to do..Please help me..

For how many days i should eat soft foods and non-spicy foods?Can i eat chapathis-kurma,poori masal and all?
    For how many days the pain remains...?when can i place cap?

thanks
    karthika

7. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Karthika,

Actually as I read your post my thoughts went through an entire resturant menu ! :) You can eat ALL that you mentioned. :thumbsup

Ideally, a root canal tooth shouldnt pain once the treatment is done. Wonder why you still have pain. If you feel pain in the entire area then it could be the neighbouring tooth, which could have got trimmed a little while grinding this. If you are sure that it is the root canal tooth that aches, maybe you should ask your doctor to repeat an Xray. The roots in the Xray will look completely as white lines, with no black areas. If there is a black area in between the white line then, the filling could be wrong. Do you get pain when you bite on that tooth ? Then , an Xray will answer better.

You can go for a cap as soon as the pain stops. Because, once the cap is placed and the tooth aches, a repeat root canal becoms difficult with a cap. WHy is your doctor delaying cap, itseems ? What was the reason he gave ?

Usually, the cap can be placed right after root canal.
    Pain is usually absent after root canal, since the tooth is dead.
    Soft foods are recommended till a cap is placed.
    Spicy food doesnt cause any discomfort to a root canal treated tooth.

8. mkarthika

mkarthika New IL'ite

Hi
    The pain is decreased after root canal,but that small amount of pain exists..Doctor showed me xray and told it is perfect ,except that i have some hyper points on the tooth while filling.So he grinded and gave tablets for three days..He says the pain is due to the hyper points...

So is that i should wait for putting cap, till completely pain got over..

You told only soft foods should be eaten until cap is placed.
    Is chapathi kurma is soft food?
    Idly is a sticky food..Can we eat it?

thanks
    karthika

9. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Karthika,

Then you will have to wait till the about a day or two. Pain due to high points should usually subside in a day or two and not more than that.

About the chapathi, :) depends on how hard it is. Also, you can chew on the other side and avoid chewing at all on this side till your cap is on.

Any soft food should be good. Idli for example. Sticky wont matter. :)

10. yogmaya

yogmaya New IL'ite

Hi Dr Preeti,

First of all I would like to thank you for all the support you are providing to people like me who are suffering from dental problems. Also, would like to extend my gratitude to Hema for starting this thread.

My problem: My doc extracted one of my wisdom teeth yesterday. My previous dentist told me to remove all of my wisdom teeth but I don't feel comfortable doing so...I do understand the fact that my wisdom teeth and bunch of other teeth have cavities and I have to do something to save them. But I would rather go for root canal than the extraction. The one tooth my Doc extracted yesterday was very badly decayed and I did feel that it was necessary for me to get rid of it to sleep peacefully without any pain.

I have a question: can root canal be done for wisdom teeth as well.

Yogmaya
    PS: it seems like I missed all the Boston get-together parties. Next time count me in.