1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

V & Sindhu - thank you. but i did BF DD also till she turned 2. this guy hardly BFs; only likes to run around whenever i try to latch. anyways, like V said, i ll wait for another 6 months. (hope i dont forget it by then :))

2. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Hope you all are fine...
    Thanks so much for all your encouraging words and thanks to latha and Ramya for your over the call support :)
    There is not much change in my current situation...only that DH is travelling on Sat instead of Friday. I want to go to my mom's place on Sunday, dont know wats gng to hap....
    And i forgot to tell u all...today is my Bday..:)

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

many many happy returns of the day, Padmini. I'll wish that you go to your mom's without any trouble.. a birthday wish for you:) life is sometimes too complex, Padmini. only time gives and unfolds solutions.

4. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Thanks Latha...Hope your wish comes true for me :)

5. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Hey Padmini, Happy Birthday :) Whats special??? Wait, am calling you now :)))

6. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi gals,

Iam feeling better now. Iam just thinking about day to day things and keeping myself busy. Adding to that we haer about a huge rent raise in our building. so off to partment hunting again. I hate that job cos we moved in here in december and it took me until february to claer off alll the boxes and make it home again and now i ve to start packing cos we ve to move out b4 sep 1st.

Thanks Nitha, Ramya, V, uma, aish . Iam just praying for my sanity.

WE are also considering a trip to India by September. If iam coming I want to meet you gals. Lets see if something works out.

Today i ve loads of laundry and ironing (latha i started doing this after seeing you) and ve to cook something for dinner early as well be out most of the evening

V
    , what prana said is true. many peads i see are like dont waste my time with too many questions.If u express the same concern twice they stare at u like u r a dumbo and say i told u that already. here when i get comfy with my pead they move away. My Dh is saying I ve a kanck for chasing peads away. Cos its happened not one but three times. The first one moved to different locality in same town and second one was sued for malpractice ( I still dunno what happened but heard his license was taken away. It was very scary for me as I really thought the doctor was trating my Lo s atopic dermatitis really well) and the third moved out of town. Now i ve a family doctor who is not a pead but I ve been there jus once he does evrythng fast which doesnt give u confidence to talk with him.

Padmini,
    many more happy returns ofthe day. wishing u loads and loads of patience and peace of mind and happiness

Latha,
    U always cook or bake in style with mouth watering dishes. How come u look so thin after cooking so much? dont u really feel the urge to eat them up? I would love to move to Germany just to get to taste those free samples.

Pon,
    Thanks for thinking abt me. I really felt so helpless. I dint even tell my family much as I dont want them thinking that am thinking abt money when My MIL is sick. BUt she is okay now and its my hubby asking me to literally empty tehfridge and the shelves before i wanna go shopping as he says i ll have 200 dollars in groceries at home. But he ll not be ready for sydden shopping during the week. so if i dont stock up even alil bit I am the one who has to run or catch a bus. Iam waiting for the situtaion to cool a little and then have that h2h. Thanks for hearing me out.

Gals,
    I ve registered A for a summer reading program which is like a monopoly board and has 30 spaces with monkeys. U read with mommys help or on ur own for 15 minutes u can colour one monkey. Like that she has to colour the wholw paper but she gets to collect lil prizes along the way when she reaches certain points. she s so hooked on to it and is pestering me to read all teh time and me a bookworm is so happy seeing that. Its nice to see Government doing so much. its free to register and teh gifts are simple things like tattoos stickers and colouring pages with fav cartoon charecters and crayons and the big prize is u get enteredto win tickets for 3 for a baseball game. the local baseball team is famous in national level. I am as much excited as she is.

gals ,

Plaese help me out on this one. Iam trying to bake at home nowdays and mixing everything by hand is tough. Iam looking for some applaince to mix doughs and batters easily . so which would be more usefull a foodprocessor or a hand mixer? heard hand mixers alsocome with dough hooks taht can be used to make chappathi dough and paratha dough as i need taht job to be done easily too. I dont really need teh shredding slicing functions of fp but if fp works better for all of that i dont mind getting that . but i wanna do which would serve my purpose better. please help with ru valuable inputs . LATHA NITHA AND OTHER EXPERT BAKERS help me please. I am thinking of buying by the weekend.

Nitha,
    U get activity books as such for pre school children from scholastic taht are simple like with one or two line and taht asks u to comapre sizes and match colurs. Ill send u teh links soon. I ve some books and a loved it. we also get my first animal book my first bird book flower books from priddy books. it has colourfull photographs and kids love them.
    Priddy Books

Regards,
    CC

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  7. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Happy b'day Padmini! Hope you had a good day today!

Pon - you are a really good hostess! Your co-sis is so lucky.

Uma - I have no advice; only sending you all the wishes I can to get through this peacefully.

Aishu - good thng the spoon is working atleast.

I'm busy running around planning and getting things organized for the road trip. We leave early on Sat - I am so excited :)

V.

8. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hey girls, was lil busy at the work today..and my laptop's adapter is not working properly so gave both adapter and laptop for service.. Laptop to try data recovery ( to get back the deleted photos). .I came to one of our friends home(neighbour as well) so thought will just send a Hiiii to you all from there...

Take care girls.. Will catch you all from work 2mrw...

Goodnight
    Vidyaa

9. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

CC; I used hand mixer for last three years; and I was quite comfy with it. Only for bread (chitvish recipe) I brought an FP. Without doubt FB makes the job toooooooo easy.
    Thanks for the book link. I will check it

Pad; Many many years of happiness to your way!!!! Enjoy

Latha; I guess we can use greek yogurt for hung curd; right?

Vidya; Whats shibu doing new?

Vanathi; Have a great trip. Where are you heading to?

Aishu; glad that you found a way to feed her water. Every baby is different so it is always trial and error method; in the initial years. Lucky are the parents who gt it right the first time

Ramya Uma..all the wishes for loads of patience. If only we could get "patience" in a shop; I would have ordered life long supply;)

-Nitha

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

girls,

i so much wanted to sit down at this time and reply to all your posts. least did i expect that it'll turn to a rant. right now i'm so broken, so lonely.

i hate children playing with keys (i mean keys to the home, keys to the rooms etc,) and it's a rule in our home that it's a big no-no. there was a phase when DS would play but when it got out of control i brought in the rule. today the children (mine and the guests') were playing. i was so damn busy i couldn't control them effectively. it's 8.45 pm now. DH and DS have gone to the airport to drop off. i can't find the key to the kids' bedroom. without locking the door until DD goes to sleep the task is impossible. i cry as i write this. i called DH to check with our boy if he kept it somewhere and i got a very rude reply from DH. you know what i think i don't deserve this stressful routine anymore. i'm so worn out all i need is little empathy to my situation which i never get. i feel like packing my bags, wave a good bye and walk out of this whole thing.

i don't know if any day would start and end cheerfully for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.