Feedback about The Schram Academy

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by manjumnair, Jun 16, 2007.

1. anithamoorthy

anithamoorthy New IL'ite

Hi Manju & Thameema,

I can't comment much abt the school as I am fairly new to this school. I do agree on their tardiness regarding school supplies, but communication wise I have had no issues, atleast so far, it's been pretty clear. Regarding field trip ,the 2nd grade just went on a field trip last saturday to Birla Planetarium and I saw the whole schedule of field trip and all other exam and holiday schedule clearly stated in their school website.

One thing I can say with my experience that I have gotten over the yrs from back and forth trips to US and changing schools both in India as well as US, is that- there is no perfect school , all institutions have their own set of pitfalls, once you change school, most of the time the change make you regret and we kinda feel that the old school was far better. So instead of complaining we can try to resolve the issues and go with it, unless otherwise your kid is totally devastated, then we need to change.

Just like you guys, I am hoping this school would be good and wishing all the best to all of you, as we have invested heavily on this( yes school has become an investment these days.......LOL ) have fun , be happy.

Regards,

Anitha.

2. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

I do agree with you. There is no perfect school... Schram Academy was good for my kid for the past 2 years and i hope this will continue this year too.. My issue with the school is only regarding the supply of shoes and the swim wears. Have paid for the swim wear when they sent out the circular, but have not received them yet. as with the school shoes, last year also the shoes came after a lot of time.

Academically, my kid's development is good in Schram Academy. That is true. Regarding swimming and skating classes, the main campus at Maduravoyal has a skating ring at the basement of the school. For swimming they go to Dolphin Swimming Pool. Since my kid is afraid of water, her development in the activity is not very satisfactory, and skating she has improved a lot..

Regarding the Field Trip, my kid is in 1st std. In the school calendar the date for the 1st field trip was 19th June, but it was postponed to last Monday (5th July) and they were planning to take the kids to Vandaloor Zoo. Because it was the day of the strike, they did not sent them out. But will do that very soon, i hope.

As you said, we can all hope the school does better...:thumbsup

3. Thameema

Thameema New IL'ite

Dear madam,

My kid is in SKG. are they really teaching these extra curricular activities with interest. how is the coaching after kinder garden. my neighbour's son too is in Schram academy. he is in 2nd std. his mom too was feeling very sad for putting her ward in that school. she said that there is no class teacher for one month. And they are very partial to the students. no class is taken etc. Donno what to do. Just thinking of changing my ward to some other school

4. Thameema

Thameema New IL'ite

Dear anitha and Manju,

As you all say Iam also hoping the same. but since my kid is in SKG i thought if i have to change school then next year is the right time. But my kid wants to study only in Schram. the only thing i hate the most in the school is the partiality that they show to the kids. they dont show that while collecting fees. even the class teacher is like that.Dunno what to do. How about Dominics anglo Indian School in Butt road. kindly revert back to me.

5. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Dear Thameena,

Even when you want to change the school, your son wants to study in Schram Academy. why is it so? He likes the school...

partiality will be there in most of the schools. It depends on the teachers i think. as you said, i also heard there was no teacher for some class. don't know what happened actually. i have expressed my opinion about the school previously also in this thread as well as in another one regarding Schram Academy itself.

At the end of the year if you feel the school is not up to your expectation, change your kid to another school. From my past 2 months experience from Schram Academy, Maduravoyal Campus, i don't find much problems regarding the academics. but it may depend on the kids also.

Last Saturday, we went and collected the first mid term assessment report card. Her teacher was very good to us. Even my kid complains about her teacher some times..but she likes her.

If you have further concerns, send them through emails to the principal or wise principal, they will respond. that is my experience with them. General Email id is available on the school's website. i think their personal email ids were given in a circular.

All the best, Thameena... every school will have merits as well as demerits.. so if you feel TSA will not provide good atmosphere for the kid, you can change him to any other school. as u said, After 1st std it will be difficult for admissions..

And about Dominics anglo Indian School, i don't have any idea. Hope some one else will throw light to that..

6. arokini

arokini Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I have studied in St. Dominics. Its a wonderful school. i completed my 10th with 91% and twelth in 92% centum in maths. Its good in discipline and coaching.